• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Government Meadows

OK, just to make sure I understand everything, we were having this discussion over memorial day:

The East side is open (once snow is clear or something like that) this stops "about" the cabin.
The West side is closed until July 15.

OK, just to make sure I understand everything, we were having this discussion over memorial day:

The East side is open (once snow is clear or something like that) this stops "about" the cabin.
The West side is closed until July 15.

East is open no matter how many feet are on it.

The line was the Pacific Crest Trail (which is also the forest boundry) but I believe they moved it to the last road you cross just before the meadows. I really hope I can find the map when I get home that shows the line.

The border is or at least was the crest trail. enforcement of the area was taken over by the Naches district a year or so back so I am not sure if they have moved the boundry to include the cabin from the east side. (since the crest trail is right behind the cabin) So Roger are you talking about the boyscout sign with the wagon on it? We put that up a few years back with the boyscouts.

Never saw a Boy Scout sign. It probably wasn't up then. I want to head in around Greenriver and come out and back home from Ellensburg.

The border is or at least was the crest trail. enforcement of the area was taken over by the Naches district a year or so back so I am not sure if they have moved the boundry to include the cabin from the east side. (since the crest trail is right behind the cabin) So Roger are you talking about the boyscout sign with the wagon on it? We put that up a few years back with the boyscouts.

This the sign thats east of the cabin just above the first big open medow?

well the white river station says naches pass is the cutoff point for the wagon trail. GRNTACO was correct, the last gravel road you cross before the meadows.

call back and ask for Bob Pacific or Mary Caughlin (coglan) and I bet you get a differant answer:eeek:

why is getting the correct answer such a pain?? i've called 2 different ranger stations and talked to 3 different people. don't the rangers know anything for sure?? or do they each just pick and choose what they use as a boundry....STUPID.

why is getting the correct answer such a pain?? i've called 2 different ranger stations and talked to 3 different people. don't the rangers know anything for sure?? or do they each just pick and choose what they use as a boundry....STUPID.

simply because most FS employees dont give a rats ass about our sport other then its something they have to do. If you want acurate answers then you need to talk to someone that cares. In the white river its Bob and mary and in Naches its Sam Bissel. CleElum its Mickey or Tim.

simply because most FS employees dont give a rats ass about our sport other then its something they have to do. If you want acurate answers then you need to talk to someone that cares. In the white river its Bob and mary and in Naches its Sam Bissel. CleElum its Mickey or Tim.

thanks pokey, guess i'll make phone call number 4...

you may get the same answer but at least you will know its right if its from one of them:cheer:

call around 8:00am so you catch them before they go into the field.