• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GR - King Of Cable Hill Competition - November 13 & 14, 2010

Tony emailed me saying that racing will b compressed to saturday but he did not comment on qualifying. I will try to get an answer asap. So comp will b Sat. Only unless time issues push it into sunday.

Ok fellas heres da delio. Tony asked that I put the info from our conversation about qualifying on the board, and for everyone to know he is sorry if it seems as though he is being hard to deal with, but this is there first event of this kind and it is trial and error for what he wants it to be in the future each year.

Racing will be scheduled as a one day event.
There will be quailifying for 3 different groups. (small tire, unlimited, and dune buggies!!!!) Dune buggies should be interesting.
The quaifying will be a course devised for speed not breakage. The only way we will not b qualifying is if only 20 or so rigs get in the comp.
The qualifying course will be ( Go up Tippy Toes, down the Loose Rock Bypass, and back up the perimeter road. ) Nothing really to break on there.
Start early at 8 am to go ahead and get it moving.
The fastest times will be picked, and the race will start. Once again I'm saying that qualifying will be counceled if the rig turn out is not very big.

This is the best I can do to help guys. All these rules are coming from the MFIC himself.

1 more thing. Tony just called and said he did the qualifying coarse in 2min 29s (in his jeep i guess.) They will take half the field in for the race up to 30teams on the unlimited class. You can buy back in for 50$ if you don't make it in qualifying.

He also has put up lights on cable in case it runs into the dark hours. :woot:

Tony says his daughter done the qualifying course on a gator in 4 min. flat???
6 min timeout on qualifying course.
Helmet, harnesses, fire ex. and absolutely NO PASSENGERS, spotters alowed on the comp .

Sorry so much info at one time. He is texting me stuff to post and I'm n the office today.

i dont like the idea of having to qualify but if u worried about breaking in it what u think going to happen on cable. is Cameron and the Coleworks guys coming down to run this comp

The qualifying is rediculous to me also. I am just posting what I was asked. The buy back means that if you don't finish qualifying or break i guess you can buy back in for another chance.?? I'm not to sure why this is the way he wants it though.

The park is open for normal riding so you don't have to compete if you don't want to. Looks like I will be in the rhino or bumming a ride

i wish everyone would stop crying about how this is gonna work!! i mean i could put my sister in a rig with a big block and she would hit cable hill jus as hard as anyone.... wat has happin to bein able to drive in this sport??? and its called a race 4 a reason!! :tc

747 said:
i wish everyone would stop crying about how this is gonna work!! i mean i could put my sister in a rig with a big block and she would hit cable hill jus as hard as anyone.... wat has happin to bein able to drive in this sport??? and its called a race 4 a reason!! :tc
You runnin? What class?

747 said:

If Cable is Wet you ain't even gonna make it :****:

also all the cry babies are the reason there is no more king of the hill in huntsville glad yals way on tht comp!! :flipgotcha:

hahahaha looks like i saw where u said u would be in a rhino this weekend?? hitit

there sayin if u get knocked out of ur spot in qualifying u can pay $50 and get one more run at it i dont really understand all that... its really jus to come up with more money and i like the idea!!! and cole iv been in my buggy everyday since the last time u saw me so ill jus hav to show u wats up and you know ill back wat i say!

No one is "crying" about the race, it's the qualifying that's ridiculous. This is rock crawling not NASCAR. Sounds like the qualifying is going to take all day. Just draw a number, line us up, and let us race, fastest time wins..simple. :driving:

Latest posts