• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GR - King Of Cable Hill Competition - November 13 & 14, 2010

Spoke with Bailey at the ORC. It will be an open ride. Saturday and Sunday ONLY. So bring your rigs. $20 per rig for the weekend. No passenger fee. $5 to camp. $10 to spectate at the Comp. Comp qualifying will be Saturday, Finals on Sunday. If they have a low turn out of competitors, the comp will be ran on Saturday if time permits. Concessions will be on site. Chuck wagon and the peanut guy.

If they decide to drop the qualifying bull **** I'll toss in my $50 and throw my 35s at that hill balls out. I say anybody that has the balls to hit the hill pay the fee and lets beat on them rigs.

the word on the trails is NOBODY WANTS TO QUALIFY. I've heard this from alot of people.

I was planning on coming up to film this. But i am concerned about the turnout due to the qualifying. The last cable hill competition was a little disappointing due to lack of entrants.

WHO ALL IS STILL Definitely COMING? Qualifying or not. :dunno:

ill be there if theres NO qualifying. i can only ride one day a week and thats saturdays. qualifying sucks, just gas the damn thing

we r comming either way but i wish they would do away with the qualifying part. i think they should let anybody that wants to run it. pay your 100 and drag race to the top maybe pour alittle water off the top best time wins it all but that just what i think dont matter either way i b there

Were not comin if you gotta qualify, if you don't have to qualify we'll be there. Jus pay tha entry fee and gas it. Its VERY SIMPLE that way :dblthumb:

I will be there Saturday with the rhino if my buggy isn't ready but pretty sure I can't make Sunday

Cole has to make it out, he is the reigning kind and local hero. I may be there Saturday, not coming for a two day deal though

i think there will be 15 rigs max so qualifying saturday and running cable on saturday shouldnt be a problem IMO.

im not sure why folks are so against qualifying???? afraid of breaking during qualifying and not being able to compete, or is it the two days that is pushing everyone away?

Im also only coming Saturday, i wont make it back Sunday for sure

onetoncrawler said:
i think there will be 15 rigs max so qualifying saturday and running cable on saturday shouldnt be a problem IMO.

im not sure why folks are so against qualifying???? afraid of breaking during qualifying and not being able to compete, or is it the two days that is pushing everyone away?

Im also only coming Saturday, i wont make it back Sunday for sure
QUALIFYING IS STUPID! There hasn't been many folks make it up cable without breaking , running it at their own pace.

NUFF SAID

blownyota said:
Look at the way the bounty holes are run at the mud boggs like in perry fla. They dont have to qualify, they just gotta have the balls to get in it. Start em at the bottom with a horn and sound it again at the top. Pay your money/do your thang. winner take all. KISS keep it simple stupid. You aint gotta qualify to put on a show, thats what everybody wants to see anyway. I had my IYA racing buggy out for only the second time and i whooped on it and had a blast. That was the first time i had even seen that hill in person. I didnt make it but damn it was fun. Just dont over complicate all this.

You almost took my head off with a rock. Just wait til I slomo this in post. thumb.gif
Rock Slingin Cable Hill Beatdown!!!

OH AND I THINK QUALIFYING with less than 30 rigs is STUPIDO

[attachment deleted by admin]

onetoncrawler said:
So whats the verdict? did they ditch the qualifying? still $100 entry? what times this goin down???

Well, I sent Tony Cousins a link to this thread over the weekend. Here is his reply:

Good morning. We will try to race all on Saturday, but as you know the days are short and it may be impossible. So to that end put on the board. We will at least try to get the big boys. It will be a chore. We may move the start time to 8AM . I am meeting with Kieth this morning to work on the trail so we will see. Tony C

PS, thanks for the insight on the race. we are learning so maybe if it is a sucess we will have it in September next time to make for a longer day .

Moronie

I may give Tony a call and see if I can clear this up completely. Qualifying WILL turn people away from this comp. I have talked to alot of guys who were dead set on running this until this qualifying stuff was stamped to it. Aetna boys had all intentions until this. I'm with the crowd of draw #'s pay your fee and the fastest time wins with a time limit on the runs and the turn out for spectators and competitors will greatly increase. I will personally not be running because of qualifying and chancing unreparable breakage before the comp even starts. I think alot of people feel the same.

Hotrod, I agree and have been working on that before you posted.

Tony's email:

We talked this morning and that is the plan but the days are short. we may try to start the qualifing at 8 . If you post it they to put the word out that we will start at 8 am instead of 9 so we may get a few early birds.

My reply:

No one wants qualifying. Simply fastest time wins. To qualify, then to re-run is too hard on equipment, and could possibly put out some of the top runners. Everyone wants it more simple.

Awaiting reply. HotRod, call and push too.

Latest posts