• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Grapevine news from teh forest service

powdr7 said:
Lets see smaller tires a lot of the time means more throttle...so that would just be hurting themselves.
This is a very true statement. The guys with big meats do some damage, but I dont know how many times I see a small tire, non locked rig trying over and over again to make an obsticle he cannot make tearing up the trail. Then you take a well equipped rig, that doesnt even spin a tire through the same obsticle. I am not opposed to smaller tires, BUT this is not the answer. More people on the trail equals more trail erosion, BOTTOM LINE. Again I am not bashing the smaller tire guys.

it's the drivers, not the tire size.

did you know guns kill people all buy themselves?? :haha: :rolleyes:

typical government mentality. :rolleyes:

it's the bad apple syndrome like always and finding a blame.

It's always the memorial day weekend bash that gets them all pissed off, that's why I don't go anymore, isn't worth it and you can wheel plenty there in the summer, I feel it clears me of any blame when **** happens, that's just me.

I am not pointing fingers here, it is always the idiots that show up, not the organized wheelers that cause the problems on that weekend, so save the fire.

PORTER said:
This is a very true statement. The guys with big meats do some damage, but I dont know how many times I see a small tire, non locked rig trying over and over again to make an obsticle he cannot make tearing up the trail.

I agree, I am not a big tire club guy, but have been to a 36 at least on a XJ.

I try 3 times and if I can't make it, pull cable/rope and move on. Or use my head and stack or what ever if I don't have a winch. If I personally have to stack I also undo the help I created for the big guys. :;

and after tire size limitation and vehicle width regulation dont work whats next? horsepower limits, cylinder limitation, im sure back in the 50s and 60 with the flat head 4's in the jeeps there was alot less damage

Dude said:
I agree, I am not a big tire club guy, but have been to a 36 at least on a XJ.

I try 3 times and if I can't make it, pull cable/rope and move on. Or use my head and stack or what ever if I don't have a winch. If I personally have to stack I also undo the help I created for the big guys. :;
I wish they would leave us the fawk alone as its an ORV trail, not a freeway system. Its supposed to be torn up and difficult. My .02

PORTER said:
I wish they would leave us the fawk alone as its an ORV trail, not a freeway system. Its supposed to be torn up and difficult. My .02

Amen...............

Orv

as long as the trail is maintained & managed & kept clean............

WTF is the problem?

Rock_Crusher said:
Amen...............

Orv

as long as the trail is maintained & managed & kept clean............

WTF is the problem?

Some areas are like that. They have VERY difficult lines and they are meant to be that way. But people who are new to wheeling, or don't know the "rules" try those harder trails and harder lines with less equipped vehicles. Some for the reason of "cause it was there" and some for the reason of they simply Don't know.

Here is an awesome writeup of a day in the busywild at elbe. http://inwadventures.com/Elbehills102205_1.html After a brief discussion, it was relayed that these people might not want to run this trail in thier stock rigs. After a quick discussion, they turned around. That is a quick bout of trail education that went a long way. What would have happened, if those people made it down into the bottom of the trail? Can you say, SCREWED?

The problem is, what happens when you get a group of rigs from a local club. They are out wheeling and see some guys tearing it up. They go over and say "hey that's not cool. We are trying to keep this open for everone. Please stop." If told to go :censored: off, pics should be taken, and authorities should be notified. End of story.

PORTER said:
This is a very true statement. The guys with big meats do some damage, but I dont know how many times I see a small tire, non locked rig trying over and over again to make an obsticle he cannot make tearing up the trail. Then you take a well equipped rig, that doesnt even spin a tire through the same obsticle. I am not opposed to smaller tires, BUT this is not the answer. More people on the trail equals more trail erosion, BOTTOM LINE. Again I am not bashing the smaller tire guys.

yeah but the same dumbasses sitting on 40's powered with a thirsty V8 do a helluva lot more damage.

face it, it is all about the driver.

wheeling has advanced so much in the last 10 years that the forest service guys are probably seeing full on rigs with 49's and 56's the norm in the future.

I think Robin scared them. :haha: :haha: :haha: :clappy:

I guess to combat the movement we all better get involved in PNW4WDA, they are a force over there, even if you don't like the PNW.

and BTW: Pokey, I need to rejoin, were can I find a Tri Power on the east side for the app. I would be region 1.

Dude said:
face it, it is all about the driver.

wheeling has advanced so much in the last 10 years that the forest service guys are probably seeing full on rigs with 49's and 56's the norm in the future.

I think Robin scared them. :haha: :haha: :haha: :clappy:

I guess to combat the movement we all better get involved in PNW4WDA, they are a force over there, even if you don't like the PNW.

and BTW: Pokey, I need to rejoin, were can I find a Tri Power on the east side for the app. I would be region 1.

http://www.pnw4wda.org/membership/index.htm

or pm me your address and I can mail it to you:cheer:

edit: damn I am slow

This topic was discussed at the forest service meeting, as well as in the report ben wrote on the forest service meeting on the east side. I mentioned it in my small tire thread also. The reason this is being suggested is because most of us with big tires havent been taking the time to go to the meetings and put our input into the discussions. The old school jeepers do go consistantly and get their ideas in there. Joining the PNW4WDA will help, and going to the meetings etc... will make us heard.

wheelinjp said:
The old school jeepers do go consistantly and get their ideas in there.

I hope that's not where a tire size limitation idea came from.

Those that represent us at the forest service need to represent everyone, just not their personal interests. If they aren't (and I am not saying they are doing this) it's just going to drive a wedge between us all.

But, all this said - I guess no one has heard where this story is coming from. I have been unable to find it anywhere online.

Travis said:
I hope that's not where a tire size limitation idea came from.

Those that represent us at the forest service need to represent everyone, just not their personal interests. If they aren't (and I am not saying they are doing this) it's just going to drive a wedge between us all.

But, all this said - I guess no one has heard where this story is coming from. I have been unable to find it anywhere online.

why do you think I am joining again? I want to find out what is behind this and feel out what is going on.:;

anybody else?? :corn: