• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Grass troubles...

Talking about your streaking or deck stripes as you know Bermuda is very unforgiving when cutting with this type of mower it is impossible to cut it without getting the streaks when cut at 3 inches a cool season grass like fescue that the blade for the most part is green over two thirds of the stem you wont notice it when the deck is not dead on Bermuda will look its best when cut at 1-2 inches if possible the problem is that most home lawns are not smooth enough to cut like this unlike a ball field where they top dress them with sand and also cut them with a reel mower I have had Bermuda in my yard for close to 30 years now and have tried every type of mower setup you can think of and vacumed up a world of leaves what I have found out is you have to have as much air flow under deck as possible for them to be able to be picked up and chopped when I do leaves I actually raise the deck above my grass cutting height so they can get drawn under this is where the blade tip speed and RPMs come into play Its kinda the same principal as trying to pick a penny up off the floor with a vacum cleaner every now and then you migh get one sucked up but if you raise it up just a little it will suck it up every time hope you get it figured out

TheViking said:
Get a set of blades for mulching.

Had them from day one with the mower. They don't help much and even when I try to use the plug it just leaves lines of grass like I'm getting ready to bail some hay. Grass is too thick to use the plug.

I guess I need to come up with a new notch (#7) to raise it high enough to suck the leaves up

How is the deck mounted to the frame ? does it have chains or a pivot joint like a heim

May help also?

90f2b9c45100a3ede787f92541b0d5a6.jpg

al1tonyota said:
May help also?

90f2b9c45100a3ede787f92541b0d5a6.jpg

That right there is the solution I bet but I would be dumping bags every 2-3 passes. May have to check into that a lil more.

Have you ever considered burning it off in sections? Just like a controlled burn that conservation does it helps to rid the mat of dead clippings and such to give it a fresh start again.

You could try a small test area and see what it looked like in spring after it starts growing again

I want to lincoln-lock the rearend of my lawnmower so it won't pull hills and sharp turns like a bitch anymore :****: