• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GrayRock SRRS videos

Lurker said:
This......Even tho I dont mind going deaf. My dad was surprised when he backed down the hill and got after it, he didnt think it was gonna be a rocketship the way it sounded tryin the first time.
yea I was in 2nd gear the 1st try and it ran out of steam and by the video it had a bad bounce but when I had to back up I was fully committed and that's the first time I have shifted it in to 3rd under boost besides on the road and its a hand fully but I was just happy I had a couple good runs this weekend booyang

Josh besides the motor, what's been your damage report? I seen that bumpstop let go. Any other issues? It seems to be holding up extremely well for a brand new rig.

Well my biggest issue I have had and still fighting is the header temperature gets so hot under WOT that it was melting my coils so I moved them fixed that problem not it is melting the lining of the inside of my throttle cables and have found a permanent fix for it yea I have the headers wrapped the best they can be and the throttle is fine while the engine is hot but once it sets and cools off the throttle is locked down that's the only reason I didn't run the non sticky race I went to change my tires and my throttle was locked but besides that it's holding up great

I had an engine that had been running fine. Built a new set of headers and when I fired te engine up it imidalty turned the new headers blue. I drove it around the shop one time and you couldn't hardly get close to the engine because the headers were so hot. Ran great just gave off so much heat. It had fast injection. I richened the fuel mixture up, temp dropped 2 or300 degrees and the motor still ran fine.

Elliott said:
Is it to lean? Is that why the egt is so high?
no it's not lean it runs at at 10.5-11 afr under boost and around 13 afr driving it's not extremely hot u can lay Ur hand on the headers when it's running it's more of a lack of space problem the cable and throttle body is only 3" away from the turbo collector/mount

Damn when Roger grabbed another gear, it actually pulled through and made it up.

A Lot of rigs seem to bog when the driver grabs another

TBItoy said:
Damn when Roger grabbed another gear, it actually pulled through and made it up.

A lot of guys needed a higher gear on cable hill, most were on the limiter and if they could have shifted it would have made all the difference in the world.

A lot of guys needed a higher gear on cable hill, most were on the limiter and if they could have shifted it would have made all the difference in the world.
[/quote]
Hey this guy would've had to be in high side if you wanted another gear Really wishing I had my 1.95 gear set back instead of my 2.43 now

NTIDWELL said:

Hey this guy would've had to be in high side if you wanted another gear Really wishing I had my 1.95 gear set back instead of my 2.43 now

You made it though, I was talking about some of the guys who didn't make it.

Cole said:
this ^^^ I am one of them for a perfect example I backed down and hit 3rd the second try and it came up it like it was on rails

Cole said:
Well mine did awesome in second till it got on the ledge next to the water hose and needed to pull. :dunno:

TBItoy said:

a lot for rigs will bog but it's hardto make a turbo motor bog when all u are doing is increasing engine load and that's what helps build more boost if the setup can stand more :eat:

Cole said:
I know what you was sayn I just letn everyone know that's all mine had And I need more gear and I really wish my ole lady would've made it up the dam hill Now back to those badass videos :eat: :eat: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Cole has the best seat in the house by far. I never realized how steep the hills on either side really were until I was tryin to find a spot to see down into the trench. Nice videos as always guys :dblthumb:

Rohlingoffroad said:
a lot for rigs will bog but it's hardto make a turbo motor bog when all u are doing is increasing engine load and that's what helps build more boost if the setup can stand more :eat:

I wish I coulda saw a bit more of your BnD run, you were moving coming up the bottom of it in the video. We only got there late and could only see the last 1/4 of the hill from right before the lunch line slab