• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Green Yj 6.0 swap

Re:

I don't think so. I will try to get the transfer case in tonight and will know for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Re:

I got a lot done last night. New pulley on the psc pump and belt. Got the fuel cell reinstalled, mounted the Ls computer. Lastly got that fat atlas into a small space. No body lift on this right to I had to cut the floor and Massage with a sledge. Fits good though and pretty flat. The motobilt skid plate will fit up perfect. Front driveline looks good too.

Re:

I got another good chunk done yesterday. Got the cooling system flushed on the v8 and ready to plumb and fill. Got the air intake done with maf sensor wired.

Also got the twin sticks in for the shifters. Plumbed the tranny lines and cooler. Grill wiring back in and bumper/winch on.

Next I will build a new floor and get the Winters shifter install. Then wiring and engine bay beautification

First time outside in weeks

Re:

I got all the fuel and cooling lines plumbed and ready to go. Also got the accelerator hooked up. Mine is drive by cable.

Re:

Also finished the mount for the Winters shifter last night. Tonight I got the new floor built. It turned out pretty good.
Started like this

Finished like this

Re:

@rpf500 it's 22 gauge, pretty thin. But I added a lot of bends to the sides and it really stiffened the whole thing up. I don't have fancy metal working tools, I did this with 2x4s and a vice. Plus beer.

Re: Re: Green Yj 6.0 swap

twentyfootdaredevil said:
What did you use for the coolant plumbing? Could you post some pics?
The rad is a dual pass so the inlet and outlet are one the same side. It makes for some crazy angles on the lower. I used a flex hose up top and cut down a random 1.5 inch car hose for the lower. It's very crowded with the air intake tube and it works but I am not in love with it. I would like a molded lower with a spring inside to keep from collapsing. The first time I filled the rad it started leaking from around the water pump but only when rad was very full???? Don't know what's happening with that yet. Maybe the steam line bridge. Again super crowded and turned attention to wiring. This weekend hope to run up to temp and see what's going on. I guess ls stands for "leaves stains"

Re:

I finished wiring the jeep this weekend. I wanted to keep the factory yj guages but have them work with the 6.0 and it was pretty straight forward so long as you have the wiring schematics. For the tach I used Dakota Digital Universal Tachometer Signal Interfaces SGI-8E to convert the 8 cylinder signal to the jeep 6, I picked this up from summit. For oil pressure I used the factory jeep sending unit but picked up an adapter from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Speedhut-Metric-Adapter-Female-M16X1-5/dp/B00B5W9MF6
(1/8 inch NPT Female to M16X1.5 Male). This way it goes right back in the top rear of the engine. For volt meter, nothing new needed and for temp I used the factory jeep sender from the head and installed into the 6.0 head. My computer controls the fan at 210, for this I setup a 4 pin relay to provide power, ground, switch and output from the small harness wiring to big fan wiring.

Re:

I should get the front Tom Woods shaft in today and they should start shortening the rear today as well.

Re:

Tom Woods drivelines are in. It moves now.

I made up some new lines to feed the hydro steering. Guy at psc said the shorter and straighter from the rest to the pump, the better.
This should work