• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

grinder (1) my arm (0) 35%

rocfun

CUSTOM FABRICATION
It was a productive day in the shop....
That is until I got it handed to me by the grinder what a pisser haha.

Damn Patrick them things will get you. I got a couple scars from grinders but you got me beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily my 5 yr. old son told me "it will be ok" before I headed to the hospital. Just as he was running back to go play. Haha

It's a pretty good one. On a good not it got me out of my day job for a day or two so I can get back in the shop during the day ;D

I was using a cut off wheel on my grinder. Just one of those freak things I guess. It got in a bind and kicked back out of my hands right into my arm. It's not a paddle type trigger on it so when it kicked back it was still running.
Once it gets my arm it breaks the cutoff wheel and it catches my shirt sleeve and I finally got it unplugged, but the damage was done. Lol.
Never had an issue in years with these type grinders, just crap luck.

Ended up with 25-30 stitches (i lost count lol) some on the inside and the rest on the outside of the cut.

98TJ said:
Its amazing how many of those accidents are associated with small hand-held grinders.

It's prolly the most underestimated and dangerous tool in the shop. Anything with any size to it gets a more respect.

Not saying you took it for granted rocfun or made a mistake...**** happens. One bit my brother last week, not sure what happened.

Ouch!!! Same thing happen to me about a year ago. Was using a 4.5" angle grinder with cutoff wheel and handle removed. I was cutting some old tubing when grinder kicked back breaking the wheel partially and got caught in my long sleeve shirt at my forearm. Luckily I was wearing two long sleeve shirts and a thermal. It wound up tight enough to stop the grinder. I quickly unplugged it and yelled for help. I had someone else unwrap it because I wasnt sure how bad it was...... I have a nice scar going up my arm now

I got one of them ole cut wheel scars. I was doin it up right cuttin in shorts and a tshirt. Hittin some 1" square tubing and it bound up, jumped loose and cut my inside forearm, cut my tattoo all apart on my wrist, hit just to the right of my weiner and then finally my ankle. It was a button type also so it stayed on. Got about 30 stitches....coulda been worse. Good luck and keep it clean. Mine hurt for awhile due to cuttin deep and gettin some muscles and stuff.

Re: Re: grinder (1) my arm (0) 35%

Ouch.. I have a fear of grinders just because of those freak accidents