• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Grocery Getter Dana 300

RUBITANk

just decided to show off my Flipped Dana 300 rebuild, with twin stick cables... Was very scared of doing this rebuild, and it took me a good 2 days because i refused to use directions and wanted to learn from my mistakes! lol :mad: The main reason i wanted to rebuild the T-case was i wanted to add a Sight tube, because being it a flipped dana 300, it is going to leak... so i wanted to monitor how much it is leaking, I was hoping by rebuilding the T-case it wouldn't leak, but it still leaks a little bit out of the rear output, I think the reason it does this, is because i took the original yoke out, and put in a CV yoke and the cap that goes behind the yoke doesn't fit on the same way as the original yoke. Again no big deal, its a wheeling rig and that's the only thing that leaks.
But anyway here are some pix.
:awesomework:

1233871981978.jpg

1239924993849-1.jpg

1239988063669.jpg

1240005554857.jpg

1240005568266.jpg

1240005576091.jpg

1240006163608.jpg

1240006174141.jpg

1240187206230-1.jpg

1240187216627-1.jpg

1240187250921-1.jpg

1240187265746.jpg

1240189292268-1.jpg

Sweet! I like the cable controls.
Love to flip mine get some clearance, too bad about it leaking, there must be some way to stop that?

they like to leak from the shift rail seals when you flip them like that.

nothing you can really do on the cheap.. the alternatives are spendy

they like to leak from the shift rail seals when you flip them like that.

nothing you can really do on the cheap.. the alternatives are spendy

I read that alot before i was about to do the swap into my YJ, but surprisingly it doesnt leak from the shift rails for some reason, just the rear output.

yeah, i know i thought it was because the bearings were bad, or the seals, but i replaced everything with the full rebuild kit, I think its because of the rear CV yoke, that cup doesnt seat on there the right way

Where did you get the shifters? I used the down east offroad kit to flip mine and I very don't like the shifters.

Where did you get the shifters? I used the down east offroad kit to flip mine and I very don't like the shifters.

North West Fab works, they specialize in custom T-case parts and crap like that, I was looking into the DOE kit, and didnt like it as well, plus it is wayyyyyyyyy tooo expensive for what it is, my kit cost me half of what the DOE kit costs, and you can mount it anywhere...

upgrades

Looks good and I like the cable set up and sight tube. I have been in my 300 3 times; once to install 4:1 gears. I got ahold of a new set of Tera lows, however they were sitting on the guys shelf for a few years and unknown to me they had issues with the earlier gear sets, bad metal treating process, so shortly after I installed them them they literally crumbled way up by funny rocks on one of the abandoned ridges, by the time I got done coasting down milk creek road the case was cracked in three places and destroyed, Tera low gave me a new set free of charge and said if they had a case they would give it to me also, they felt bad and were really cool for giving me a new set,, put it back together and upgraded the rear output with an AA kit and 6 mos late I sheared off the front output, tore it back down and now have a JB conversion front output......so far, so good except even with the new shift shaft with the detent cut it still pops out of front wheel drive when I decend on steep hills............:mad::mad:

yeah its annoying when the gear pops out! it sounds like you broke something! and can be very dangerous!!! Did you change out the detent ball springs? the heavy duty ones? I was going to get the AA heavy duty output, but since i have the 1980 short output 300, its like 200$ more! so i was like ill drive it till i break it lol

I have never broken an input or output shaft but I have broken the Tera Low gears 3 times, they warrantied them each time so now I have the newer gears in there. Hopefully they hold up better. :mad: