• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GT Buggy 2.0 caddy 500 build

Buggy looks good.

Not to be a ****, but you'll probably shear those bolts on those high steer arms. I recommend replacing the bolts with ARP studs and counter sinking the holes in the arms, then use fine threaded tapered nuts like lug nuts.

Skidkid said:
Buggy looks good.

Not to be a ****, but you'll probably shear those bolts on those high steer arms. I recommend replacing the bolts with ARP studs and counter sinking the holes in the arms, then use fine threaded tapered nuts like lug nuts.

Also on that 4 studs may not even do it. Just in Harlan two weeks ago buddy of mine sheeres 3 of 4 arp studs off his 60 by clipping a rock. Made for one hell of a time to fix on the trail to get him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with them. The only success with high steer arms I ever had was when they were tied into the stock arm.

Finally got back to working on the buggy a little bit. I have a newborn so time is not easy to find right now.

Got engine and trans and tcase in and mounted.

Got the mufflers made and tacked in place.

Finished the rear and side panels

Got the steering wheel mounted and a few dash bars in

next on to drive shafts. I have all the parts just need to get them made. Going with something a little different for the carrier bearings....we will see how it works out.