• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gvwr

Lucky Jeff said:
that is such bullshit, hell my Dad's bone stock Dodge and toy hauler weigh more then 26k and we have NEVER had a problem. They aren't going to give you any crap unless you're making money. And you definitely don't need a CDL just for driving a pickup even if it is for business. It's just an added piece to your license. Like your motorcycle endorsement.

alright I just read the one above me, yea he pretty much covered it. I don't know how many times I've been in the carpool lane with a trailer. Cops never care, they just go right on by. And there is no way in hell they are going to pull over a motorcycle with a trailer for being in the fast lane. Some of you people just worry WAY too much.

I'll just say that, I've had a CDL for 11 years, mostly in the state of WA, and you would be real surprised about what they will pull over for being in the left lanes. I've personally seen motorcycles get pulled over for lane violations, as well as motorhomes.... One even got me out of a speeding ticket, cause he blew past me in the hammer lane as I passed the cop :lol: ( I was only doing 65)

And guys with CDL's have to worry, Its a lot more strict for us.

wrecker said:
And guys with CDL's have to worry, Its a lot more strict for us.
oh yea I know, because you're expected to be a better driver on the road and know the rules more then just the average driver.

skrause said:
I'm pretty sure the 60mph restriction starts when you break 26k
and also just so everyone knows...ANY trailer means you have a speed limit of 60mph. Could be your lawn mower trailer...coppers don't care as the law doesn't make a distinction.

snwbrdpunk16 said:
nope. my bro was warned for that one. Any vehicle with any kind of trailer attached can do over 60. :rb:

guess I reposted this then went back and read your post...:booo:

PS Might wanna check your spelling of "can" vs "can't" :D

Lucky Jeff said:
oh yea I know, because you're expected to be a better driver on the road and know the rules more then just the average driver.

Well shoot I have a CDL and I don't know the rules any better. It just comes down to some people can drive, and some can't. :stirpot:

Latest posts