• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

H2 Beadlocks

CheapJ7

Mustache rides?
I know Ballistic made a few sets then stopped...

I've heard Randy Morris had them in them in the works but ended up just being a cock tease...

So whats the deal on these? anyone making them or have a line on some?

Just a stiffener would be awesome, if a beadlock isn't ever going to be available...

I've been debating bending some solid roundstock in the outer lip and welding to keep the lip from cracking.

I think it was a strength issue as they didn't fare to well, at least the Ballistic's didn't. Randy talked about it for a long time, I am sure BTF could cut you some rings for em. They have the machinery for sure.

I can still make them. At the time I could never get the cost to where I felt was reasonable for just a few sets. If we could get a group buy or something that would help on the pricing a lot.

I believe the problem with the Ballistics was that the bolts were too far away from the tire clamping area on the ring and it led to them cracking at the welds to the rim.

speaking of bead locks, what does everyone think of the staun inner beedlocks? i am thinking of going to a outer beed dont really know which is best. :dunno:

a buddy of mine has them and has nothing but problems with them. pretty sure they were a 38ishx15 bogger...all or most of them leaked. Staun even had him ship one of his wheels/tires to them and when he got it back it still leaked. lol but thats the only experience I have with them.

i got my rock rings and rockwell center from copperhead fab good price . also is tons of guys on pirate makin them,, the problem im having is finding sumone to widend mine all i need is 2in more inchs!

chopperfish said:
i got my rock rings and rockwell center from copperhead fab good price . also is tons of guys on pirate makin them,, the problem im having is finding sumone to widend mine all i need is 2in more inchs!
Youre talking about H1 wheels..
They were made by MRW with off the shelf parts and as you can see, they have countersunk allen bolts to keep the weld from taking all the abuse.
Been running these since 2004 with no problems, granted im not a rock bouncer with a pattented techniqe either :****:
This is what my H2's have on them.
2004_0717Image0007Small.jpg

MRW1.jpg

This is what they looked like when dismounted last april.
RIPMazda035.jpg

Friend of mine had H2 locks, wranglerss on here. They sucked. Never would hold a bead. He had them welded my a welder at lockhead. They never cracked but the inner bead wouldn't hold.

kennyWayne said:
speaking of bead locks, what does everyone think of the staun inner beedlocks? i am thinking of going to a outer beed dont really know which is best. :dunno:

My experience with staun SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!
They are hard to mount and all but 1 busted.
He now has mrw beadlocks!!

MMountain said:
I can still make them. At the time I could never get the cost to where I felt was reasonable for just a few sets. If we could get a group buy or something that would help on the pricing a lot.

I believe the problem with the Ballistics was that the bolts were too far away from the tire clamping area on the ring and it led to them cracking at the welds to the rim.

hit me up when yall get ready to make some i would be interested
thanks

I"ll ask around and see if i can come up with any interest aside from us two...
I really like my H2's... as long as you drive with alittle sense to keep the rocks out of the spokes they do great.. a lock and rock ring would eliminate that problem..

And as far as loosing an inner bead after locking them, maybe its just the Krawlers, but i run mine at 10psi rear 12psi front ublocked and have never had an issue...

Randy--- is you design a multiple piece inner ring to save on material similar to ballistics old design?

No, it is a one piece. I could do multiple pieces if you want, but I suspect that may be another reason the Ballistics didn't hold up well.

MMountain said:
No, it is a one piece. I could do multiple pieces if you want, but I suspect that may be another reason the Ballistics didn't hold up well.

I'd almost just be interested in a multi piece rock ring... save on material, no stress of actually holding the tire on, no holes to drill...
because im not having any problem of holding teh bead on, they just need some strength added to them...

see what kind of price you could work out on something like that...

thanks for the info about stauns, i had almost decided on weld ons anyway .what is a good price been looking on internet found some that are not supose to leak air. anyone have any good options? :dunno: :drinkers: