• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HALE - In The Cool Of The Night - August 11-12, 2012

zukiscott said:
I always try to run em at bout 6 pounds in the front and bout 3 to 5 pounds in the back,,, my junk just be LITE is all ;D
Damn it must be light lol I ain't ever seen them walls wrinkle any...like a big go cart...just point and shoot! Hell I'm skeered to run my tires any less than 10 psi without beadlocks...but yours are wider than mine though.

I hear the park will be cooking burgers and hotdogs if you are into that kinda thing. :eat: :flipper: :eat:

Well, I usually keep them at 10 but I let one get a little low one time at MSORP on that wimpy Thrill Hill and ended up knocking it off the rim. So they usually stay around 9-10. If my beadlocks actually worked, I'd run em at 5. Even with 10 psi in them, there were some points on the flexy trail at MSORP that it would mash the sidewall in and air would spew from around the rim. So I just keep em at 10 to be safe.

TacomaJD said:
Well, I usually keep them at 10 but I let one get a little low one time at MSORP on that wimpy Thrill Hill and ended up knocking it off the rim. So they usually stay around 9-10. If my beadlocks actually worked, I'd run em at 5. Even with 10 psi in them, there were some points on the flexy trail at MSORP that it would mash the sidewall in and air would spew from around the rim. So I just keep em at 10 to be safe.

Are you sure its not the inner bead? My old beadlocks never lost the inner bead but these new ones I have with my 40's, the inner bead lets go all the time. I normally run 4-5 up front and 3 on the backs.

My wheels are reverse center wheels so in theory, it would seem like the inner bead would be super easy to lose, and the outter bead to be really tough to lose, so that may be the case. The first time the tire broke bead at MSORP, I'm not sure what happened, I didn't even know it was off until ppl started hollaring. (front right side)

This is the flexy trail at MSORP, not in this exact spot, but you get the idea of the trail I was on when it would spew air.....and it was always the front drivers side tire while going through this.....could've been the inner bead I guess...not really sure, just figured it was the outter. It happens while cutting that corner that is now rubbing the frame slider in the pics below. Your tire kinda wants to eat up on that bank while cutting the corner and it spews...which is why I figured it was the outter bead.

Resampled_2011-10-08_13-40-38_633.jpg

Resampled_2011-10-08_13-42-06_146.jpg

Yup 15x8's with 36x12.50 bias tsl's.

It just came a downpour here in Fort Payne......gonna be slicker'n owl **** tomorrow! I can't wait! :driving: :drinkers:

All you fawkers on here that I ain't ever met, looking forward to wheeling with ya! :eat:

TacomaJD said:
It just came a downpour here in Fort Payne......gonna be slicker'n owl **** tomorrow! I can't wait! :driving: :drinkers:
I'm about 10 miles straight south of Hale Mtn and we only got a trace here. Looks like the bottom dropped out as the **** went southeast of us.

Had a blast! trails were dry and the temp was great, and nobody in our group broke! Dam it feels good to just come home and rinse the dust off and not have to fix something! :****:

zukimaster said:
Had a blast! trails were dry and the temp was great, and nobody in our group broke! Dam it feels good to just come home and rinse the dust off and not have to fix something! :****:

...except my front left tire mysteriously rolling off the rim on flat ground. Must've been from all that hell I had to raise when I was crossed up in that trail :****: which I'm glad it decided to roll off in a place where it was easy to fix, instead of crossed up in a bunch of rocks. Glad your ol Sammi stayed together and crawled some sick stuff.....and Machen's yota is a freakin BEAST! drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

Had a damn good trip, Hale is a rough place! Can't wait to go back for a day ride, although that nightride was fun ****!!!

Shout out to BroncoMike and BillCow (sp?) and their crew for stopping and lending a highlift jack and of course Zukimaster for letting me borrow that super cool C02 tank to pop my tire back on. :drinkers: