• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Handbrake ?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So i dunno if it was forgotten about or what but i realized there is nothing on matts rig to lock rears for front digs. So whats a good unit for a single axle?

So i dunno if it was forgotten about or what but i realized there is nothing on matts rig to lock rears for front digs. So whats a good unit for a single axle?
I use a Hurst Roll Control (Line Lock) on my rear brakes. Stab the brakes, hit the button, release the brake pedal and the fronts are free to roll, but the backs stay locked solid.

i run CNC dual handle cutting brakes. it works great but my guess is he will wish he went with dual pedal brakes after a year or two of wheeling it.

I doubt he'll NEED a cutting brake, i just throw it in front only, and drive through the front brakes, rears stay locked. AND i have a cutting brake to control each rear wheel independently,it's just not as effective. No way i would run a line lock for just front digs. I have one of those too, and never use it either.

If you must create rear only brake, i'd highly recommend the dual pedal setup, i'd probably do that if i were to build again. But not worth the trouble to retrofit for me.

Last edited:
I doubt he'll NEED a cutting brake, i just throw it in front only, and drive through the front brakes, rears stay locked. AND i have a cutting brake to control each rear wheel independently,it's just not as effective. No way i would run a line lock for just front digs. I have one of those too, and never use it either.

If you must create rear only brake, i'd highly recommend the dual pedal setup, i'd probably do that if i were to build again. But not worth the trouble to retrofit for me.

This is what I do also, my double cylinders are on one pedal.

No way i would run a line lock for just front digs. I have one of those too, and never use it either.

Same here, I end up just double footing, gas/brakes for front digs. Line lock for the rear is just a parking break now.

Hmmm-I ran line locks for 9 years for front digs--worked. I did find doing individual was useless and just lock the whole rear-90% time I can whip it around.

For this though I aint reinventing the wheel just utilizing whats there and a simple hand brake will do the trick.

I got all my brake parts from Chad, who got them from S&N fab. :fawkdancesmiley:

Seriously though, I got all my nickel and dime fittings from Highway auto supply, and the cutting brakes were available through racereadyproducts.com