• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - April Fools Ride - April 1-2, 2016

We had a great time. The weather couldn't have been much better for riding. A little less wind would have been nice, but thats also what helped everything dry out a little more for Saturday.

No real casualties in our group...just a few minor issues but nothing that kept any of the rigs from driving on the trailers at the end of the day.

We ran Rail Bed, Waterfall, Fish Fossil, Intimidator, Shameless, Stihl Hill, Little Jagger (really hope the guys that took video will post my run), Lower Rock Garden, Killin Time, Lower Profanity, Profanity, Grape Vine, Middle Rock Garden, Lower Damnation, Pony Hill (none of us could get by the upper ledge), Mason Jar, Lions Den, Your Turn, Whitetail Crossing, Upper Rock Garden, Can Opener (only 1 of us)...I think thats about it other than all of the access trails.

Awesome ride and minus the wind on top of Mason Jar on Saturday it was perfect. Had a damn good time with minimal breakage in our group minus an upper link on Austin's YJ turning into a boomerang on Mason Jar. Got that straightened back out with some good ol redneck ingenuity to get him back to camp under his own power. Did a lot more riding than I have at Harlan in a LONG time.

Sure hope there are lots of pics to be posted for us losers who didn't get to go....

Evidently we had too good of a time to stop for pictures...but here's the ones I did manage to get in no particular order...

IMG_20160401_125649282_HDR_zpsdszw3xes.jpg

IMG_20160402_153441602_zpsl60s3rt6.jpg

IMG_20160402_192140209_zpsbwc9kqsb.jpg

IMG_20160401_133725051_zpswm3vo9na.jpg

IMG_20160331_174129440_zpsy63r6w08.jpg

IMG_20160331_174336654_zpskz4gr8ix.jpg

IMG_20160401_130213651_zpsq7wzdbae.jpg

Grillin on Saturday night...

IMG_20160402_211015949_zps4emkrkdb.jpg

There were two guys standing at the top of Little Jagger on Saturday evening that were driving a 97+ F150. They took video of my run...anyone have an idea who they were. They left before I could get there information.

I was right at dark getting there on Friday and forgot the gopro at home, done a few trails that night then on Saturday we hit your turn, Lower Damnation, Mason Jar, Fish Fossil, rail bed and watched some you big buggies hit the big stuff. I usually take a bunch of pics and videos but Saturday was just me and another rig and didn't take the time to video much. The weather was great and was fairly dry everywhere it was good to meet a few new people, can't wait till Southern Shine Crawl and I am glad I could help you out SAT. night gonovrit anytime man

Harlan KY April Fools Ride 2016

Harlan KY 2016 Aprils Fools Ride

Harlan Ky 2016

Harlan April Fools Ride 2016

stuftmunky2k said:
Is your turn still a winch fest getting out the top by crawfords cry?

Yup. It's pretty cake right up until you hang the hard left up the hill for the exit. Ledge, log that is about 40" high and that bastard of a slick hill above the log. Claimed a 14B grizzly and 14B shaft in one rig that I saw.

Awsome love harlan will be heading down memorial weekend. Last time we was down there was labor day and we had one rig get his tires onto the trail on the exit then mother nature decided to unleash holy hell so rest of us turned around and headed down. Grapevine is one of my favorites little trails there. Extremely fun when she gets sloppy.

The Log has now been removed from the trail on Your Turn should make the full trail more doable for all the big tar guys

Didnt look like itd be much longer until the rain would make it possible to exit straight up the wash rather than making that left hand turn.

I made the suggestion one time to take the dozer and push some of the loose rocks out of Crafords Cry and put them in the end of Your Turn but they must not have agreed with me

clemsonjeep said:
Didnt look like itd be much longer until the rain would make it possible to exit straight up the wash rather than making that left hand turn.

Yeah, the original exit of that trail years ago laughing1

F that tree at the top when you exit left. It mangled the roof on my XCab truck.

clemsonjeep said:
Ahh I guess they're just trying to keep that road bed between Your Turn and Crawfords Cry intact.

I think that was the reason for the re-route to the left. It was still wicked trying to get out going straight for a while though.

Latest posts