• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - King of the Hill Competition - August 29, 2015

Well I got to admit, I also was a bit intimidated when I saw the top of that hill. That last step was a doosey! That earth was so loose I was having a hellava time getting bite!

Of the vids I've seen so far is of my first run, I was overpowering trying to get speed to get over the last step. The second run was much smoother, with I think, the best time so far. The third run, well the plan was to power up on the lower section to make up some time, then straight shot the rough stuff at the top. Well, that didn't go as planned, but thanks to a bunch of guys standing at the top, and fellow with a winch, I successfully got off that "STEEP, LONG ASS HILL"!!!!

All in all, I had a great time, got to compete with some of the best drivers, didn't break or crash, so it's all good!!!

I would love to compete again next weekend at RUSH, but I'll be playing in the Sand Dunes, at Silver Lake MI.

A built dirt hill killer won, the last run for chaindrive was for sure going to be fast if the front end had not got over in the trees :dblthumb: :driving: All of these guys done a awesome job driving

I had a blast at the event, it was a fun hill for sure. I wished there had been a better turnout for the guys putting it on as they put a lot of work into it. The spectator area was the best one I have seen at any event as far as being able to see the hill and ease of access. The campground is very well maintained and the nicest shower/bathroom I have ever been in at a off-road park. This place has tons of potential to be a great spot for comps and hopefully they will have a few more and one of the Race Series picks them up as a stop on their schedule.

All the rail buggy guys were top notch and put on a good show those dudes know how to hill climb.

The SXS was no joke either that thing was getting it.

I don't consider myself a bouncer cant really stand the term so im going to say "HILLKILLER". Those guys did a great job, Randall scared the **** out of me standing his up, he is a hell of a driver and made an amazing save. I do believe Bubba would have took it home if not for mechanical failures but **** happens.

Thanks guys for the great time and cant wait to do it again.

tbacon38 said:
I had a blast at the event, it was a fun hill for sure. I wished there had been a better turnout for the guys putting it on as they put a lot of work into it. The spectator area was the best one I have seen at any event as far as being able to see the hill and ease of access. The campground is very well maintained and the nicest shower/bathroom I have ever been in at a off-road park. This place has tons of potential to be a great spot for comps and hopefully they will have a few more and one of the Race Series picks them up as a stop on their schedule.

All the rail buggy guys were top notch and put on a good show those dudes know how to hill climb.

The SXS was no joke either that thing was getting it.

I don't consider myself a bouncer cant really stand the term so im going to say "HILLKILLER". Those guys did a great job, Randall scared the **** out of me standing his up, he is a hell of a driver and made an amazing save. I do believe Bubba would have took it home if not for mechanical failures but **** happens.

Thanks guys for the great time and cant wait to do it again.

That's a huge compliment considering how many parks you've been to!! But I agree 100% super clean place, super great people! Can't wait for the next one, I'm sure it will be twice as good!

We're putting together ideas on an event in the Spring -

Here's the thoughts so far...

Coming up the middle of the valley through a series of terraced short hill climbs (20-40 feet) with some high walls, tractor tires, concrete/dirt barriers and jumps. Two lanes with about a 20 foot distance between them for head to head two machines at a time action.

Starting close to the base of the valley about 200 feet to the right of this pic and running to the last level before the top...of course after some major dozer/excavator work to make it worth watching.

11999065_10153165203036395_2349018681332847810_n.jpg

Set up the comp so that each set of racers race on 2 different courses, but side by side similar to the old XRRA races. Each racer is timed, after first round they switch courses and race again. Fastest combined time wins.

TurnerOffRoad - You just let me know when you want to do an event here and I'll do everything I can to make it a success. We'd be honored to have ARC do an event at our place. I do need to make sure anything I schedule does not conflict with any dates of your events at other places.

Ricky - literally we just started thinking of this and don't even have dates set, all of these ideas is what we need to hear to make it be a good event, that sounds like a great idea.

Latest posts