• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan Rental Houses

biscuit

Just an FYI we had the house across the street from the chevron in Evarts rented from Lupe for 8-13-15 - 8-16-15. We got a call Monday evening 7-27-15 that the the house has been leased for a year and we are out of luck. We had payed a deposit and we got that back. What sucks is we are going with a big group and our group has all the cabins that are behind the chevron rented that weekend as well. I think we are going to have to stay on the Putney side for this trip.

This is not Lupe's fault. He does not own the houses he just manages them for a guy that lives in Florida. The guy said that the rentals have been down and he is not making enough money to pay for the property taxes and that is why he leased them for a year. I have exhausted all avenues for renting houses in Evarts and have had no luck.

Just wanted to let everybody know so if you are planning a trip soon and was planning on renting these houses they will not be available.

I will try to do some homework while I am there for other places to stay.

Re:

We stayed at the house behind Lupe's place across from the church in the fall. It had a sign on the fence. I didn't set up the rental I just stayed there with our group. It was a yellow house with a saw sharpening shop out back.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

infamous1 said:
We stayed at the house behind Lupe's place across from the church in the fall. It had a sign on the fence. I didn't set up the rental I just stayed there with our group. It was a yellow house with a saw sharpening shop out back.

I will check this place out. We talked to a guy yesterday that has a couple of trailers that near the trail head as well that we are going to look at. I think it is called poor white boy rentals not real sure about the name.

infamous1 said:

The last I heard, and the last time I talked to the guy that owned this, that he is no longer renting it. I hope it changed hands as it is my 2nd favorite house other than lupes house with carport across from chevron.

Poor White Boy places are nice from what I hear. And really close to trail.

Yellow house is no longer rented. Said meth heads robbed him blind. Damn shame, I liked that place.

They rent a bunch on the Putney side and if I'm :drinkers: I ain't got to worry about the law. Heard of to many arrest on everts side. Hill doesn't bother me, I'm there to ride anyway. :****:

I don't mind staying on the Puntey side. I have done it several times. I just personally like staying on the Evarts side because it is a closer to town if you forgot something and the dairy hut of course.

I rent a house from James White (po white boy rentals) every year. Good place to stay with plenty of parking.

cjcook said:
I rent a house from James White (po white boy rentals) every year. Good place to stay with plenty of parking.

X2, just stayed there last weekend...great place great people

Anybody have contact info for the po white boys rentals? We always stay at Lupe's so I'm gonna need another option for our next trip.

Lupe's place across the street from the gas station/gas store sleeps about 200 people it seems. Thats with people in beds, couches, and a few in sleeping bags. My first trip to Harlan, that's where we stayed. I've been back a few times since, but was never as satisfied as I was in that house. Another good one was a ways down the road, Patrick has the info on that one, I'll get him to pipe up...

EDIT- Should have read the OP. drool I'm a dumbass.

we usually stay with lupe when we have a group of guys. last week we stayed with larry the guy that has the welding shop lupe told us he was trying to rent his houses to permanent residents as he was having trouble with the off road community staying other places not paying his bills

Re:

I enjoyed staying at the N Everts campground. Nice bathhouse and nice folks to deal with.