• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harness selections

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
So, I'm looking for a harness setup for the Willys. Anyone have comments or suggestions on good ones that they have or are using?

I need to order a set shortly.

I use the RCI 5 points. They are pretty inexpensive but are still SFI rated. I have had my set for 2 years now and have no complaints. They are readily available just about anywhere that sells racing parts, I got mine from summit. They even come in Pink. (White Trash) :haha:

5 points are best. you want to read this article, it should answer any and all questions you have about harness' and how to pick the right one.

http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Harnesses/

H-style2_200.jpg

Deceptively simple in appearance, there are many nuances to a properly selected, installed, and adjusted driver restraint system; or as it is more commonly known: "five-point harness". There are also quite a few misnomers and some misinformation floating around out there, starting with the term "five-point harness"! In this article I aim to present some tech on driver restraints and review some different systems available from Crow Enterprizes.

So, I'm looking for a harness setup for the Willys. Anyone have comments or suggestions on good ones that they have or are using?

I need to order a set shortly.

buy my seats and harness':awesomework: they are not the cam lock style they are like regular seat belts, two seperate belts for the lap and the over the shoulder belts is one peice behind the seat and splits into two, they are red:;

IMO cam locks are the only way to go and for those of you who say they get dirt in them and don't work thats just BS. I've had them in three rigs that have seen a lot more dirt and mud than most rigs will ever see in there life time and never had a problem.
They do cost twice as much but I guess you get what you pay for.

IMO cam locks are the only way to go and for those of you who say they get dirt in them and don't work thats just BS. I've had them in three rigs that have seen a lot more dirt and mud than most rigs will ever see in there life time and never had a problem.
They do cost twice as much but I guess you get what you pay for.

You can doubt all you like but I have 3 buddies that have had issues with the latch not working. To get the latch to close you'd have to hit the mechanism to get it to release due to the latches sticking open. Guess you've just had good luck.

Here's what I went with.

CROW-1101 3" H Restraint - 50" Belt Options: Color: Red
Tension Spring: YES
Kam Lock: NO
Harness Pads: RED
Sternum Strap: NONE
Mounting: Bolt In

Gibby grab teh sternum straps, speedway has them in many colors and they'll fit any style belt. They actually made our harnesses more comfortable. :D

You can doubt all you like but I have 3 buddies that have had issues with the latch not working. To get the latch to close you'd have to hit the mechanism to get it to release due to the latches sticking open. Guess you've just had good luck.
I can say the same thing to you. Got a few buddys with them and never had problems with them. I guess its a draw:D
So again IMO you can have the latch type and **** with them forever everytime you put them on or go with the cam locks and a couple of clicks and there on.

Crows. 5 points 2" with padding sewn on. I personally haven't liked 3" lap belts, they don't ever seem to get as tight as my 2" lap belts.

And use the antisubmarine belt...it makes a world of difference.

The crow belts are what the pnw jeep racers use.. make sure if the belts are going threw a cut out in a seat. (master craft, rci , beard, style) seats that the holes in the seats will take a belt that is 3'' wide. I also run 2'' wide crow belts.

Like totally bogus dude. Your friends sound like they are tards that don't understand how the mechanism works. Cause I've got like 4 buddies that have never had a single issue. What...you...say...that?

And I think I've seen these tards around wheeling......normally in pink colored rigs with gay ass 44's.:flipoff: Awwww......:booo:

Like totally bogus dude. Your friends sound like they are tards that don't understand how the mechanism works. Cause I've got like 4 buddies that have never had a single issue. What...you...say...that?

And I think I've seen these tards around wheeling......normally in pink colored rigs with gay ass 44's.:flipoff: Awwww......:booo:

:haha: nope, the dial gets stuck in the open position or partially open so the belts won't latch until you give it a good smack and cycle it a few times.

I'm the only one rocking the pink and my RJS harnesses are latch but thanks for playing. :flipoff:

Go to Billy Bobs Offroad. Bob and his guys are good people and they have a book of seat belts you can look threw.

Go to Billy Bobs Offroad. Bob and his guys are good people and they have a book of seat belts you can look threw.

Just kinda skimmed though the thread didn't you?

Here's what I went with.

CROW-1101 3" H Restraint - 50" Belt Options: Color: Red
Tension Spring: YES
Kam Lock: NO
Harness Pads: RED
Sternum Strap: NONE
Mounting: Bolt In