• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

has any one broke a femur

86rocktoy said:
Trust me if yours was like mine the rod was always hurting me in my himp that is why i got it out and now it feels great the only thing that bothers me now is my knee

how do they take it out

My rod was threaded on one end and the doc told me they use a tool simular to slide hammer :****:

On the subject of having metal removed from body parts........
I had my left hand BIRD FINGER compound fractured when I was 22....
the bone came out of it ,and actually STUCK into the finger to the left of it!
Anyway ,it was broke at an angle,so I had 2 steel pins down into it ,that STUCK OUT OF THE BACK OF MY HAND.!
SO ,I got to hang EVERYBODY a bird for bout 5 weeks..ha ha

BUT,..gettin them PINS removed...HURT LIKE HELL..doc grabbed a pair of $3000.00 PLIARS......... :****:
And when he pulled out the first one...............OUCH...HURT WORSE THAN GETTIN IT BROKE!

zukiscott said:
Anyway ,it was broke at an angle,so I had 2 steel pins down into it ,that STUCK OUT OF THE BACK OF MY HAND.!

Well how's your nose since this accident? Any damage to it? :flipoff1: Got to watch them co pays bud. :flipoff1:

zukiscott said:

BUT,..gettin them PINS removed...HURT LIKE HELL..doc grabbed a pair of $3000.00 PLIARS......... :****:
And when he pulled out the first one...............OUCH...HURT WORSE THAN GETTIN IT BROKE!

HAHA, I can relate to that one... I broke the end of my middle finger off when I was 17 , only thing that kept it attached was the skin on the top behind the finger nail broke the tip clean off. I had the pin holding it together and sticking out too . I remember when the Dr put it in with a damn black and decker drill :****: Then when I went to have it removed I went to the Dr's office and was like, so do you just shot it numb and pull it out or what. He pulled out some pliers and said "No Im just going to twist it a few times and pull..." :wtflol:

Yep, that hurt like a sum bee but took like 5 seconds.

I would think on your femur they would have to do a outpatient surgery and put you to sleep type of removal. Thats what they did to mine.

One time I tore my shoulder from the socket and snapped the humorous in half with a pretty good offset so I had a contorted bend at the shoulder then about 3 inches down another 90 degree bend then the elbow at 90 degrees made for a very disturbing seen but it did not compare to breaking my kneecap. Legs are the worst. You can do so much without an arm but everything is a mess without a leg. Good Luck.

Good news JT. after 2 years now, getting humpty dumpty put back together again. Don't fawk it up again son... :flipoff1:

**** happen!
stupid hurts! but its always fun!

bad thing is the surgry is gonna be a hard one ! 2hr or more doc said with hammers and lots of muscles kinda freaked me out but owell ill be asleep :afro:

jtreeves1 said:
**** happen!

bad thing is the surgry is gonna be a hard one ! 2hr or more doc said with hammers and lots of muscles kinda freaked me out but owell ill be asleep :afro:

Good luck and post up some pics of the slicing and dicing. :puke:

jtreeves1 said:
**** happen!

It is worth it after I got mine out it felt 1000% better now it just hurts on real cold days

the only time mine acts up is when im sitting for a long time :dblthumb: i gess im lucky..hopfully after i heal up i should have no more pains! booyang