• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hawk Pride $1,000 Hill Climb

tbacon38 said:
As long as there is separation it could get out of hand and dangerous if not but I'm game would be a lot of fun

Not sure if the park owners actually get insurance for these events are just run them as is hoping nobody gets hurt. If you are trying to do it legit good luck, insurance for a race with multiple vehicles on course is expensive and their is a huge liability. The way some folks drive I think it would be dangerous as hell.

They run side by side courses in W.E.Rock with just A banner to seperate courses but that is one of the reasons the entry fee is so high to cover insurance.There looks to be allot of people wanting to watch and participate in this type of event . If done properly this could be the next big thing but at this point there are no corporate sponsors or promoters involved .I would love to see these hill climbs run as A points season. That is just my opinion . I just run A camera don't even own A buggy but I do love to watch the show !!!

I don't see the big issue with insurance, if these parks have already been running hill climb comps. As long as the two courses are separated by distance or atleast a couple of trees they should be good. They all have safety equipment and would have to be inspected before hand.

Spectator Safety is what you would have to worry about. Not the drivers. IMO

It's not like these buggys are sitting in the driveway when there is not A hill climb and the things they are doing on the weekend are as least as dangerous as A hill climb.

Spectator safety is a huge issue. Very lucky that nothing happened at RBD, because it was dangerous being on that hill side.

Some well placed caution tape could cut way down on the risk as long as the hill has pretty good visibility from a safe distance . It seams like allot of the competitions are on hills that are cut in where you can't see them unless you stand right on the edge looking down on them

Matt O. said:
Spectator safety is a huge issue. Very lucky that nothing happened at RBD, because it was dangerous being on that hill side.
This is and will always be a very dangerous sport you can reduce the risk but it will never be totally safe if your skeerd or don't have enough sense to stay out of the way buy a DVD. The fastest way to ruin a good thing is to make it better.

Matt O. said:
Not sure if the park owners actually get insurance for these events are just run them as is hoping nobody gets hurt. If you are trying to do it legit good luck, insurance for a race with multiple vehicles on course is expensive and their is a huge liability. The way some folks drive I think it would be dangerous as hell.

How does KOH handle this? All the issues at Backdoor? and some of the other obstacles where other drivers drive over each other, it's crazy, but that's the adrenaline rush of racing I guess. Safety is and will always be and should always be, PRIORITY at any event. This just seems to be the next step to advance this sport and might settle the Lingering question of Alabama vs Tennessee. YAH, I had to go there molaugh

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I was told it was Rail buggies? We are planning on being at Shamrock Run at Morris Mountain.

yeah it is mostly rail buggys but they put on a pretty dang good show last year

i figured yall would be at shamrock but since the 2 parks aint too terribly far apart i didnt know if ya'll would have somebody over there as well for tht part of the day :dunno:

CHASMAN9 said:
How does KOH handle this? All the issues at Backdoor? and some of the other obstacles where other drivers drive over each other, it's crazy, but that's the adrenaline rush of racing I guess. Safety is and will always be and should always be, PRIORITY at any event. This just seems to be the next step to advance this sport and might settle the Lingering question of Alabama vs Tennessee. YAH, I had to go there molaugh
I think Tennessee has took the last 5 comps im pretty sure it was Wes not trying to start any trouble but had to jump in on that one if you were in Tennesse your interior lights might still be there man. molaugh

I like this idea chasman! :tc

This could be setup like a bracket race with a blind number draw to determine the first race (that way you eliminate all the qualifying bs that everybody seems to hate). If enough people pay to enter, pay out first-third place. Then have way to draw a random time after the race and if anybody has hit that number pay out a coupla hundred to the first person to hit it. This would give everybody an extra incentive to race, even a slow rig could still take home some cash.
Why not go all out with staging lights and a tree? This also keeps it fair for the lower hp guys when the big hp rigs redlight. :popcorn:

The NRRA, National Rock Rod Association :dblthumb:

Sounds good lets do it. Chasman i was just giving ya a hard time bout the lights I really hate that happen to ya hope theres no hard feelings

CHASMAN9 said:

They make spectator areas and get people away from the course as much as possible. Plus most of the hard obstacles at KOH are in a canyon so spectators are above the action. I think the key in a hill climb event like this is that you get the spectators away from the course, that was the problem at RBD. The speeds at these hill climbs far exceed what you see in KOH rocks. At KOH all they talked about was spectator safety, it was top priority

Dvaughn1971 said:
This is and will always be a very dangerous sport you can reduce the risk but it will never be totally safe if your skeerd or don't have enough sense to stay out of the way buy a DVD. The fastest way to ruin a good thing is to make it better.

A lot more can be done to keep it safe, especially if it gets more competitive and you have multiple rigs on a hillside. The moment someone dies and this stuff is put under the microscope it will be a really big deal and a bunch of negative press and who knows what else

Love the idea of the drag race and the TN vs ALNot even the question Wes(chatt,Tn) vs Bobby (Ho Town,TN)thats the race fellas, both of these guys are burning up these rock races and bringing the spectators. I'd like to see an all out done right race. Now as for the flippin the bird thats at the situation where at the end of the comp. you say Wes Kean won with his time ? then Bobby Tanner with an unoffical time of ? that was faster than the winning time. I mean who was keeping time and if you can look at a camera because there is doubt about the times if you review it. It works in the NFL its not that hard. Not trying to piss off anyone or talk down on how the park ran the race but it seems like there was an was easy solution to the problem and it was not done that away. That's my opinion. :dblthumb:

tbacon38 said:
Sounds good lets do it. Chasman i was just giving ya a hard time bout the lights I really hate that happen to ya hope theres no hard feelings

Hah, hide your keys Tim to your buggy. You might turn around and some old man might be strapping in. molaugh

Matt O. said:
They make spectator areas and get people away from the course as much as possible. Plus most of the hard obstacles at KOH are in a canyon so spectators are above the action. I think the key in a hill climb event like this is that you get the spectators away from the course, that was the problem at RBD. The speeds at these hill climbs far exceed what you see in KOH rocks. At KOH all they talked about was spectator safety, it was top priority

I have never been there, that is why I ask. What about the high speed desert straight aways? Are there any spectators out there, or just in the Canyons? :dunno:

I think this could be do- able somehow. thumb.gif

BEATIN35S said:
Love the idea of the drag race and the TN vs ALNot even the question Wes(chatt,Tn) vs Bobby (Ho Town,TN)thats the race fellas, both of these guys are burning up these rock races and bringing the spectators. I'd like to see an all out done right race. Now as for the flippin the bird thats at the situation where at the end of the comp. you say Wes Kean won with his time ? then Bobby Tanner with an unoffical time of ? that was faster than the winning time. I mean who was keeping time and if you can look at a camera because there is doubt about the times if you review it. It works in the NFL its not that hard. Not trying to piss off anyone or talk down on how the park ran the race but it seems like there was an was easy solution to the problem and it was not done that away. That's my opinion. :dblthumb:

Good idea, but why all about time? What about you finish, you move on? Straw draw for lanes and then run em. Winners bracket- losers bracket (example-March Madness)----- End of the day they meet and attrition takes over and the winner is Crowned. Could be the slower guy like you say. I agree running against guys like Wes, The Ten Tanners and all the others like that, are hard to beat at their game. What if at the end of the day, it came down to a stinky gassed 22r truggy against one of the Crowned Kings? ATTRITION is the answer, not time. .02 just thinking with my fingers. :dunno:

Latest posts