• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hawk Pride $1,000 Hill Climb

No doubt Bobby Tanner was the fastest, saw it with my own eyes. He should take a thousand dollars worth of parts off Wed's rig! :afro: Just kidding. The starts need to be different. No Sirens, the man at the bottom should start the race. :driving:

In past comps like this I have run before time started when the buggy moved simple only takes a driver and somebody holding the stop watch looking for movement maybe even have a guy at the bottom and ask the driver if he is ready then signal to a guy at the top to let them know then blow a horn and the driver takes off when he or she wants when the buggy moves hit the button simple as thats, if there is any controversy its on the guy holding the watch and not on the guy waving his hand that does not have a good reaction time at all then that makes your reaction time a few seconds slower than the girl at the top holding the watch and starting it when the horn goes off. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
I have never been there, that is why I ask. What about the high speed desert straight aways? Are there any spectators out there, or just in the Canyons? :dunno:

No, just media

Mark at Hawk Pride is going to schedule a race date for the Hillside Drag Race for the near future. As soon as he confirms a date it will get posted :dblthumb:

Hell why not just make the drivers start the timer them selves, run to the buggy, strap in, fire up, climb the hill, drive back down, get out and hit the timer to stop it. That'll stop the timer disputes. molaugh

grcthird said:
Hell why not just make the drivers start the timer them selves, run to the buggy, strap in, fire up, climb the hill, drive back down, get out and hit the timer to stop it. That'll stop the timer disputes. molaugh
That would be awesome :****:

it really needs to be setup like at the dragstrip, a tree at the bottom and some lasers at the top. That is the only way to get it completely accurate. But that would prolly be expensive

Hey guys thanks for the comments annd thoughts! I did break my knee and cracked a couple of ribs but I still had a great time seaing and watching everyone. Thanks to everyone who served as my cructhes the rest of the day. They pushed the bone back together and put two screws in it to hold it together. I can bend it but cannot put any weight on it for 10-12 weeks. Watch out for Jack and I, I figure in about a week or two we will be out and about in one of our razors. MAYBE SOONER :driving: :driving: :driving:

oldmanphillips said:
Hey guys thanks for the comments annd thoughts! I did break my knee and cracked a couple of ribs but I still had a great time seaing and watching everyone. Thanks to everyone who served as my cructhes the rest of the day. They pushed the bone back together and put two screws in it to hold it together. I can bend it but cannot put any weight on it for 10-12 weeks. Watch out for Jack and I, I figure in about a week or two we will be out and about in one of our razors. MAYBE SOONER :driving: :driving: :driving:

Outstanding Old man. You are truely tougher than a $2.00 steak at the Waffle House. Glad to hear they put you back together again and like Brian said, "it's just a scratch" molaugh

oldmanphillips said:
Watch out for Jack and I, I figure in about a week or two we will be out and about in one of our razors. MAYBE SOONER :driving: :driving: :driving:

Good to hear :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I think Ive almost got the first race of its kind set up. Side by Side Hill climb race action. Details to follow soon. :woot:

Can't wait to see this happen! thumb.gif drool

Latest posts