• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hawk Pride map app- CartoTracks

CartoTracks said:
May or may not be the same mount Adam has but we're going to be working on becoming a supplier of these: http://www.rammount.com

We use them and really like them. American made and lifetime warranty. They make a mount for just about anything. Keys in well with our customers and what they are doing - mounting a smart phone in a 4x4, SxS, etc.

We use Ram mounts on all our soil sampling rigs. If you can't find a mount for your application you can rig it up somehow. Ours travel thousands of acres a year get abused and beat all to hell and just flat out keep working. My mapping rig I used is out of service now and the 10+ year old Ram mount is still being used on the new set up a little on the pricey side but worth every penny!!!

God bless America!! No one gets lost as bad as I do. Ain't no way! Get so sick of it I would dam sure pay for a map.. It's cheaper than the fuel riding around lost as **** Lookin down trails wonderin if I go down one at night if I'm gonna die or not.. My god it sucks. Awesome idea. Thanks. Hope yAll get Choco and Morris. Come to the conclusionThe matter how many times I go I will never learn the park..

kushKrawlin said:
God bless America!! No one gets lost as bad as I do. Ain't no way! Get so sick of it I would dam sure pay for a map.. It's cheaper than the fuel riding around lost as **** Lookin down trails wonderin if I go down one at night if I'm gonna die or not.. My god it sucks. Awesome idea. Thanks. Hope yAll get Choco and Morris. Come to the conclusionThe matter how many times I go I will never learn the park..

Stevie wonder and Ray charles will do better getting around a park than me! I've been hunting the same property for 5 years and still get lost going to my stand! I got zero sense of direction!

money_pit_yj said:
Stevie wonder and Ray charles will do better getting around a park than me! I've been hunting the same property for 5 years and still get lost going to my stand! I got zero sense of direction!

kushKrawlin said:

So there is more out there like me. I got my bad sense of direction from my mom. My world is in a constantly lost situation.

JohnG said:
So there is more out there like me. I got my bad sense of direction from my mom. My world is in a constantly lost situation.

What makes it even more interesting for me is that I am by far the most ADHD person you will ever met so I will be somewhere and be like "This is awesome" make a huge circle and end up right where I started and be like "Man this is awesome too!". I cant lie, it keeps life interesting!

money_pit_yj said:
What makes it even more interesting for me is that I am by far the most ADHD person you will ever met so I will be somewhere and be like "This is awesome" make a huge circle and end up right where I started and be like "Man this is awesome too!". I cant lie, it keeps life interesting!
Hahahahah!! Thats funny there.. The funniest part is I undersrand 100% what u mean. I'm guilty of the same thing. Haha!! Never thought of it like that tho! :wtflol:

I loaded the Golden Mountain map looks great has anybody tried it yet though I think it will be really good for all the parts to get on board lot less confusion that way and getting lost really sucks anyway headed up there in a couple weeks really anxious to try it

At Dixie Run RickyB had the map downloaded and I'm telling ya it is awesome. You can actually tell which way your going down what trail. It's a must have if you ask me if you frequent the parks.

JohnG said:

I will remember that next time I am following you around.....that might explain why you have honed your driving skills to minimize breakage. When you have to drive over the same obstacles four or five times to get back to camp molaugh. :flipoff1:

We really need an updated map of our park but let me get this straight......We pay you to make the map of the park, then you take the map and resale it?

I've got mine downloaded for HPO and would purchase one for Stoney as well in a heart beat. I'm sure there are a ton of hours spent doing each one of these parks. It would be hard to be able to do this service for free and the wait to hopefully recouped some of your money back through map purchasing.
However, if there was a way for each map purchased you could give back $X amount to that park could be a way to approach the business a little differently.
The park would more than likely advertise and push the sale of the download a little more for you and as a way to recoupe some of the cost they spent having it done as well. Looks like a win win for both parties involved.
Just a thought. Either way I think it is an awesome service.

Just bought the HPO map. Cant wait to try it out soon. I know the park pretty good but maybe it'll help me find some trails Ive avoided in a rzr the last few years.

Stony_Lonesome_OHV_Park said:
We really need an updated map of our park but let me get this straight......We pay you to make the map of the park, then you take the map and resale it?

Surely you get something for each download? Their data collection is probably not cheap! We charge a per acre charge when we map crop fields and all we are doing is making boundaries. They have to pay for software hardware, programming to get the app, etc. Plus they wouldn't be very good businessmen if they gave their stuff away.

Thank you all for your positive responses. We take great pride in our work and make the best maps out there.
There is a lot of work that goes into each map. We are map geeks first, that happen to really enjoy wheeling.
We saw a need for better maps and decided to provide that service.
It's a comprehensive approach that involves a lot of hours and pretty labor intensive work. Yep, software and hardware as well.
When it's all complete, our final goal is to have a simple, clear, easy to read map that ensures everybody has a good weekend in the park and always knows where they are.

Got to meet Tyler with Stony Lonesome yesterday, (Tyler - very nice meeting you) and feel he's got a good understanding of how the process works now. We'll see where that leads us.

If anybody has any questions, issues, suggestions, whatever - always feel free to contact us at [email protected]
We'll be happy to help.

It may alreay have it but I think it would be a cool feature to be able to relocate your riding group after you went back for parts or lunch break.