• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HB tire repair

Eric

Well I tore about a 2 inch hole in the side of a tire right next to the beadlock ring,

I would order another one but they are sold out at this point.

Is there a repair that can be done that will hold up? These tires dont really have that much wear on them.

There is a tire glue but I cannot remember--something 1000 but can only be found at a hobby shop. Did the tire grab a screw on your steering arm eric?

There is a tire glue but I cannot remember--something 1000 but can only be found at a hobby shop. Did the tire grab a screw on your steering arm eric?

I think that may be what happend, I am going to fixx it. I have had the tire ball up around the steering arm before and that is with hout a screw to grab, but this one is the only one with a screw that sorta has an edge.

Either way it will be fixed here soon.

So I found another web site with the HB rovers, they want a little more money but I will most likely just buy another set.

I know I have white dots right now but they also make a pink dot? softer? Do they work better? of should I just stick with the white?

And while I am in the tires what are the good foams to run? Might as well look at upgrading while I am in there sortof thing.

So final questions

Pink dot or white dot?
best foam?

Thread Jack:

I'm not running any foam in my tires and they seem to do pretty darn well if i "tune" the air pressure, I tried using the standard grey foam but it's just too much in the tires to get any wrap. How much softer is that white dot foam?:corn:

Last edited:
White dot is the tire compound, not the foam.

The foams he is recomending are soft, with a firm center section. I will most likely give them a try before to long.

Well I tore about a 2 inch hole in the side of a tire right next to the beadlock ring,

I would order another one but they are sold out at this point.

Is there a repair that can be done that will hold up? These tires dont really have that much wear on them.

IC 2000 glue, get it at any hobby shop. works great!! its black glue too. :awesomework:

Dude is right on the IC 2000,I have used Losi thin with great results also.The "rubberized" IC will go bad just sitting in the bottle in about 1 months time after you open it.I have even had bad bottles unopened off the shelf before...chit is exspensive also.

Stick with regular CA, you wont have any issues.