• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heading out to Reiter on 5/10.

Sa-weet!

1. Karl, do you ever NOT flop in that spot? :kissmyass:

2. How is the upper section of Isabel looking? I see the snow covering the "new trail" is melting. And I see someone has been doing some trail clearing. :awesomework:

Nice pictures FiFo. I was in the 4runner that would not start and then did after an hour or so. Hope to see you out there again.

Sa-weet!

1. Karl, do you ever NOT flop in that spot? :kissmyass:

2. How is the upper section of Isabel looking? I see the snow covering the "new trail" is melting. And I see someone has been doing some trail clearing. :awesomework:

We got to about 100 feet before where the bridge used to be.

It is doable to get to where the bridge used to be. You will have to winch a stump out of your way. And before that there is a 4 foot or so undercut ledge that is doable, but nasty (read: fun).

After where the bridge used to be, it isn't fun anymore. It's 50 to 60 foot wide and just awesome. Not good wheeling. Just flat and easy wheeling.

Driving to where the very top of the trail was is impossible without using your winch, and clearing some trees.

Not worth it IMHO with the wild sky plan now in effect. The 4 foot ledge will keep all but the extreme out of there, the rest, the trail ends where the old "hard left turn" after crossing the bridge was.

Doable yes. I can't wait to go back. :awesomework:

I was out there today, Boonie Buster riding shotgun. We had a lot of fun. We were pretty much just meandering with no real goal or timeframe in mind (the funnest kind of wheeling in my book) and it was great. We ran Sac-up, stopping along the way to comment on recent changes to the trail, original lines, etc. We then went up Isabel, and also had a great time.
That section in the first pic on the previous page shows the first "washout", which I thought was dealt with in a positive way. Who needs the ACOI out on the trail?
And, in the fourth pic, it shows where things started getting interesting, for me, anyway. There is a few good sized diff rocks out there, and while trying to skirt around some, so we could get out of the creek and up to the right onto better ground, I goosed it and we heard a loud BANG out of the rear. I have yet to open it up, as I had prior plans in town with friends, but Aaron and I suspect that my Aussie Locker might have sheared pins or somthing. It would bang hard every now and again, especially when turning, and would like "ratchet" under power every now and again. Either way, my rearend couldn't handle much power, so we just took it easy, turned around, and babied it back to the pit. I had to get a tow truck to take it home...:booo:

At least I got it back to the parking lot under its own power. Thank you, Aaron, for calling AAA to save my azz!!! :cheer:

And here I thought you were just a web wheeling, e-thug. :kissmyass:

Really?? Why does everybody percieve me differently around here? I wheel more than I type, but I never claim to be hardcore. I do, however, do "difficult" trails/obstacles in respect to my rig... :eeek:

Yeah, there was hardly any snow left where I made it to. Just some off in the brush here and there.

Did Karls cage move at all?? It looked crooked on the trailer, But it may have been parked wierd or had a low r/f tire.

Did Karls cage move at all?? It looked crooked on the trailer, But it may have been parked wierd or had a low r/f tire.

That's my "gangsta lean" The frame is bent, and the suspension comes to rest funny sometimes. Been that way for a long time.

I get lots of comments about it.

That's my "gangsta lean" The frame is bent, and the suspension comes to rest funny sometimes. Been that way for a long time.

I get lots of comments about it.

I stared at it for awhile, different angles and all..i figured it was a tire or something odd...Guess my glasses still work..

Latest posts