• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heading to Deception pass tomorrow

wheelinjp

Supposed to be ok weather till later in the day. I want to check out what is there to crawl. Im bringing the scaler and the super. The rear steer is locked out though since I need another hs 645 servo cover and one gear shaft :mad: The shafts that come with the new gear sets are too small in diameter. Anyway so I will be in a white 08 4runner Im a big guy carrying around rc cars, hard to miss. If anyone has suggestions on where at deception to try first shoot me a pm or reply please.

I will be wheelin these:
HPIM1153.jpg

i wish i wasn't packing up and heading out wheelin or i would come up threre and play around

Last edited:
well it was beautiful up there. That place rocks. lots of rocks. I didnt run where the map showed, I ran on a rock hill by the restrooms righ to the right as you pull into the lowest beach parking area. here is a video. remember this is my first time editing a video so bare with me. Im no pro. let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2vzFeIVXGk

Eh, we won't hold your vid skills against ya...

How do you like the clod style vs standard crawlers??

3 things

#1 get rid of the thornbirds(rock lizards).... those are the worst tires out there...

#2 need to do some work on the shocks ... looks like in you build its setup as droop but on the video they didn't seem to be doing much...

#3 i think i've got a smoked 465 servo I'll check in my pile tomorrow an let yea know...:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

video wasn't to bad...better then what i can do...:haha::haha::haha:

3 things

#1 get rid of the thornbirds(rock lizards).... those are the worst tires out there...

#2 need to do some work on the shocks ... looks like in you build its setup as droop but on the video they didn't seem to be doing much...

#3 i think i've got a smoked 465 servo I'll check in my pile tomorrow an let yea know...:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

video wasn't to bad...better then what i can do...:haha::haha::haha:

1. I agree on the crap lizards. I was waiting for thr new ROKLOX to come out in the 1.9 size they are 4.5in tall and narrower than the 2.2s at 1.75in wide. They are pretty much a scale 42x17 x20 irok. They are supposed to be in the g8 soft compound too. I think thats what I want to run on it. If not then it will be the 2.2 m3 flat irons. I f-ing hate the rock lizards.

2. the shocks still have the stock oil in them so I still need to work with them. I am thinking of running the fronts in 1/2 droop? I want to move the mounting up and make the shocks have some up travel. I think it will help keep the front down. I am also planning on making a tracbar up front since the servo is on the frame. When I steer it lifts the front up. Its definitely a work in process.

3. Definitely let me know on the servo. I was going to see what a cover and pin would cost online but figured someone has got to have that stuff laying around. thanks for looking.

4. the videos are definitely fun to film, but we are far from pros. we are recording these with a cheap photosmart digicam all hand held by my wife. No stand or tripod, so Im happy with the outcome.

the guy I was crawling with goes down to the falls almost every day and hasnt been hassled yet. I am sure thats a matter of time. alot of people were watching us and taking pics and video of us crawling, I am sure some of them will end up in the complaint department at that park. :eeek: Oh well I know its not gonna be a comp ;ocation but its fun to play at. Now that Waddel creek and capital forest is open I want to check out some places there. I wonder how willing you crawler guys would be to have to have 4wd to get to a comp location.