• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heim Joint Lubrication

J.A.B

There was a thread on here some time back about a lubricant that worked well but I am unable to find it?

Seems it was a silicone based spry of some sort ???

I use a bar and chain spray lube for chainsaws. I cant remember what it's called i'll have to look when I get home. it seems to work.

Would the silicone spray from lowes be an equivalent?

Or is there a magic unicorn fart in the trick shot?

I keep hearing good things about trick shot

may have to pick up some for myself soon

it seems like my lowers don't want to sit straight up and down (kind of sideways), do you guys just spray a coat over that end to loosen them up??

I was wondering about this as well. Memorial Day weekend was my first time out and constant squeaking and squawking had me concerned. I watched a buddy spray WD-40 on his heim joints but I wondered if there was something better. Just ordered a can of TrickShot so we'll give that a try. thumb.gif

e4cutler said:
I was wondering about this as well. Memorial Day weekend was my first time out and constant squeaking and squawking had me concerned. I watched a buddy spray WD-40 on his heim joints but I wondered if there was something better. Just ordered a can of TrickShot so we'll give that a try. thumb.gif

Wd40 is a one day fix at best :****:

I use GM Heat Valve Lubricant Part # 88862628

Here are some more options also: http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=26337.0

30th6 said:
I spray some atv chain oil on mine, seems to do well and it foams up and seems to stick

Joe Eck

mna0121 said:
Another user of the ATV spray here, works good and easy to get.

Are you guys talking about the chain oil you just spray on like a wd40 can?

I ask because I have some left over from my last racing quad laying around in the garage

Yes, chain lube. Comes out of the can looking like foam but quickly turns into a lite grease. Put the straw on the nozzle and spray up in the tight spot. If you already have some give it a try, it works.
RTR

mna0121 said:
Yes, chain lube. Comes out of the can looking like foam but quickly turns into a lite grease. Put the straw on the nozzle and spray up in the tight spot. If you already have some give it a try, it works.
RTR

I'll give it a try, Thanks

Latest posts