• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heims or JJ's/flex joints/balistic

Some more to ponder... JJ's have the 2.5" joint 1-1/4" shank (only available with the 9/16" bore for the bolt). They also have the new 3.0" joint for a lot more $$$. Ballistic's 2.63" joint 1-1/4" shank can take the 9/16" or 5/8" bolt, they also offer a 3.0" joint for $$$. My questions to ya'll,

Are you guys running the 2.5" or 3.0"? I think 2.5" will be fine...

Is the larger 5/8" bolt worth going with Ballistics joint?

I know I'm dissecting this pretty deep but I want to do it right the first time.

Thanks again!

Some more to ponder... JJ's have the 2.5" joint 1-1/4" shank (only available with the 9/16" bore for the bolt). They also have the new 3.0" joint for a lot more $$$. Ballistic's 2.63" joint 1-1/4" shank can take the 9/16" or 5/8" bolt, they also offer a 3.0" joint for $$$. My questions to ya'll,

Are you guys running the 2.5" or 3.0"? I think 2.5" will be fine...

Is the larger 5/8" bolt worth going with Ballistics joint?

I know I'm dissecting this pretty deep but I want to do it right the first time.

Thanks again!

I run the 2.5".....If you call Currie they will assemble together whatever parts you want so long as their compatible. So you can get a 2.5" JJ with 1" or 1-1/4" shank with whichever size through bolt they have for a 2-1/2" JJ even though it may not be shown in their catalog...

Just realize that a larger thru bolt will have less misalignment. Those ballistic joints look nice, I like the set screw to prevent anything from backing out..If you go ballistic be ready to wait a few weeks.

I have RE big Johnny's 4 years of average wheeling abuse and all are goin good. I like them cos they are rebuildable and adjustable. next time i would get ones with a threaded post for easy adjustablility if needed.

Youve sold me stuff...jeez...What is it?? 5566 or 5588 or something?

Brad, When its all said and done the evo heims were about $130 each. UPS wants a charge to bring em across the border:booo:

I could maybe help with that...I cross the border pretty often.

Not heims.:;

But you also run 5/8 shanked hiems...:eeek:

I like the forged Johnny Joints, have used them on several builds and they have held up the best out of the flex joints.

Latest posts