• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heims???

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
I need 16 heims for my buggy build. Just wondering if you guys have any idea where or who whould have some that are good. Im interested in getting used ones for cheaper if anyone is swaping theres out. Also where is a good spot to get new good quality ones cheap?:awesomework:

I Also where is a good spot to get new good quality ones cheap?:awesomework:

There's no such thing...good & cheap do not co-exist in the world of heims...amongst everything else in the wheelin world.

McMaster Carr has the longest lasting heims I've ever used, they are not cheap. They carry many types so just pic the most expensive if you want the good ones.

I need 16 heims for my buggy build. Just wondering if you guys have any idea where or who whould have some that are good. Im interested in getting used ones for cheaper if anyone is swaping theres out. Also where is a good spot to get new good quality ones cheap?:awesomework:

I don't know anything, but check out the kit prices: http://www.qscomponents.com/OnLineCatalog.html

I havent gotten to try my new heim's out but I bought a batch from Ballistic fab, and I was pretty happy with the quality, look just as nice as a Qa1, and they were CHEAP! Check them out online.

I found my new heims from a vendor on Pirate.......can't remember which one.....but there are a few with killer prices on either QA-1's or the "generic" QA-1's (which seem to be on limited availability/backorder)

I havent gotten to try my new heim's out but I bought a batch from Ballistic fab, and I was pretty happy with the quality, look just as nice as a Qa1, and they were CHEAP! Check them out online.

X2 bought a bunch of them. I had to get some QA1 ones in the bunch since they didn't have a 3/4-5/8 bore hiem in the midwest when I ordered, the Midwest had a nicer finish and apperance than the QA1's. Still building so no idea on how they will last.

There's no such thing...good & cheap do not co-exist in the world of heims...amongst everything else in the wheelin world.

McMaster Carr has the longest lasting heims I've ever used, they are not cheap. They carry many types so just pic the most expensive if you want the good ones.

Yup, Thats where i get mine.. My rear suspension ones are 2 years old LOTS of wheeling time and the only one that squeaks is the one next to the muffler.. and only when it gets HOT.

They have awesome front door delivery. I hade 4 of them overnighted to Vancouver BC from ohio for 11 bucks.

Im on an exteme budget so I ordered the $8.50 ones off of ballistic fab. They are the midwest ones. Any good or bad reviews on these? I figure they will last a good year or two with me behind the wheel.

Here's the deal:rolleyes:

built my car.....QA-1, .75 X .625 heims.....took it to the hammers for 5 days,then Phoenix for 5 days= LOOSE heims.Fast forward 12 months of "hard" wheelin and all my heims are JUNK....car is looser the $'s ass on "bottoms" night at Neighbors.

Heims suck....use something else.

Here's the deal:rolleyes:

built my car.....QA-1, .75 X .625 heims.....took it to the hammers for 5 days,then Phoenix for 5 days= LOOSE heims.Fast forward 12 months of "hard" wheelin and all my heims are JUNK....car is looser the $'s ass on "bottoms" night at Neighbors.

I can always count a little ray of sunshine to bring a smile to my face

Lots of people use heims without problems.

Generally heim failure is due to, poor geometry, binding outside its swivel, full of crap and no maintenance.. Cheap heims.

go to www.mcmaster.com and check on these. Pt # 4483T801

28,000 lb static radial load.
They are what i run and have had 0 issues with them in over 2 years of wheeling. up until september (when i was sent over seas) i was out nearly every weekend. sure i'm under powered, but my rig is a PIG

Lots of people use heims without problems.

Generally heim failure is due to, poor geometry, binding outside its swivel, full of crap and no maintenance.. Cheap heims.

go to www.mcmaster.com and check on these. Pt # 4483T801

28,000 lb static radial load.
They are what i run and have had 0 issues with them in over 2 years of wheeling. up until september (when i was sent over seas) i was out nearly every weekend. sure i'm under powered, but my rig is a PIG

don't know what to tell ya.......heims are a joke

....car is looser the $'s ass on "bottoms" night at Neighbors.

Is that about me?:flipoff:

Heims------do------suck. I would know. I just replaced the 24 that are on my car. Did I mention they suck......?

Anybody argueing that either doen't wheel hard or wheel alot......like me and Mauler do.:redneck:

Bigger heims are much better....with that said, I just replaced my 3/4 by 5/8ths heims on my steering. They lasted a year.

I have listened to so many screeching hiems on the trail. Thats why I never used them. I have only used JJ and bushings.

Exposed bearings just dont seem like a good idea.:booo: