• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hella 550 fog wiring trouble

Looks pretty straight forward to me. Just follow the diagram. The red wire connects to pin30, the black wires are basically the + supply voltage for the fog lights, they connect to pin 87.

But looking closer at the diagram I see that the relay is hooked upto your highbeams. This means when you turn on your high beams the fog lights turn off. Skip that part IMO. :redneck:

The remaining wires are for the high beam hook up and to the switch. Basically you can pick what color goes where.

Looks pretty straight forward to me. Just follow the diagram. The red wire connects to pin30, the black wires are basically the + supply voltage for the fog lights, they connect to pin 87.

But looking closer at the diagram I see that the relay is hooked upto your highbeams. This means when you turn on your high beams the fog lights turn off. Skip that part IMO. :redneck:

The remaining wires are for the high beam hook up and to the switch. Basically you can pick what color goes where.

Thanks. :beer:

I think I'm going to wire them to my parking lights and skip the high beam cut off thing.

What has me really confused is the wire that goes from the switch to 86 on the relay then to the - on the battery. Not sure why I can't just ground them both to the body.

Latest posts