• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help!!!!! 22RE not running

You need to pull the stored codes in the ECU to figure out what the CEL is when you rev it up, for starters. I forget the exact process, I haven't owned a Toyota in a while. I'm sure you can find which pins in the check connector to jump if you search on Pirate or the web.

As far as it dying when it's warmed up... what's the timing set at? Check to make sure it's within range (don't remember the exact specs for the 22re... search again will be your friend). Basics first.

Yes, i need to check the ECU for codes. I'm pretty sure the timing is fine. I think 1 of 2 things is wrong: 1. the injectors are clogged/broken OR 2. the injectors are not getting a signal from the ECU.
Reasons i think this: Fuel pump works. I replaced the fuel filter twice (actually cut one open to see how dirty it was and it was clean). And finally the engine will run as long as someone is spraying a flamable liquid in the intake.

How can the injectors be tested??? The toyota book i have says to listen for a buzzing noise but i cant hear **** over the rest of the engine while cranking:wtf: . What other tricks do you guys know for testing these?? Can i unplug one and use a test light?? If i had a volt meter what amps, volts, ohms do i look for???
HELP!!!!!!

Still have the same problem... help...
Ok, i have 2 1986 4Runners. One that runs just fine and one that i am having a problem with. I have been taking parts off the running Runner and putting them on the dead one for testing pruposes.

Here are some of the parts i have swapped in hopes of getting this damn 22RE running: the AFM, the ECU, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pulse dampener, and other various vacuum/electrical crap i thought might help.

Parts i replaced new: Fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, dist cap, and rotor.

Most of the things i have heard are people telling me that my pump is bad or that the fuel filter is clogged. Neither of these things are the case. I was thinking the injectors are clogged but I even called LC Engineering and they said that they have never heard of all the injectors clogging up all at once. I really dont want to tear my intake apart and change injectors if they arn't the problem. Can anyone think of anything else i can check before i crack my intake in half? Also, if i do have to perform this type of surgery what gaskets, hoses, etc... should i replace while i'm in there anyways? Thanks for the input guys.