• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help! Dented the crud out of my Belly pan.

hunkajunk

Went on the Reiter Noob run yesterday and had a blast. Thanks Karl:awesomework::awesomework:!!

Unfortunately one of the rock ledges on Isabelle ate my belly pan:mad::mad:. It's is dented so much that my rear t-case yoke bangs on the tub when I start from a stop or hit a bump.

Is it worth taking off and beating the holly hell out of it with a sledge? Or should I just get some 1" rubber bushings from the hardware store and lower the belly pan?

I'm going on a tool shopping spree this am. I could really use some help. At least a coach to tell me if I'm about to do something stupid. I'll supply as much beer and food as needed. I'm in the Edmonds area.

Is it worth taking off and beating the holly hell out of it with a sledge? Or should I just get some 1" rubber bushings from the hardware store and lower the belly pan?

Yes to beating the holy hell out of it.
NO! to lowering it.
and another yes to simply looking for a used belly pan as a swap for a down-the-road solution, as the 'beat down' skid won't align quite right after you've pounded on it. Used skids aren't that hard to come by, as folks often go to a heavy-duty solution after tranny swaps, t-case swaps, etc.

and another yes to simply looking for a used belly pan as a swap for a down-the-road solution, as the 'beat down' skid won't align quite right after you've pounded on it. Used skids aren't that hard to come by, as folks often go to a heavy-duty solution after tranny swaps, t-case swaps, etc.

Great idea:beer:!! I know I've seen a few on Craigslist recently. Of coarse there is none at the moment.:haha::haha::booo:

For now use the BFH on the pan you have and the maybe get a good used one. You did really well tooo.

For now use the BFH on the pan you have and the maybe get a good used one. You did really well tooo.

Thanks Kat!! Nice to meet you and your GF. I had a blast!

Just need to be a little better built before I go out again:haha::haha:.

Lowering the pan will also lower the case and the yoke will still hit. Also the radiator fan will break your fan shroud and you'll probably get driveshaft vibrations. If you still want to go this route, I've got a Rubicon Express 1" t-case drop kit you can have for free. I'll throw in the broken fan shroud too.

Good suggestions!

It's my DD. I have to get it drivable by mourning. So I'm gonna try to beat the crud out of it to get me by for now. Once I have enough pennies saved up I'm going with a 2.5"-3.5" lift. Seems like most of those come with a t-case lowering kit.

Last edited:
good luck beating the damn thing flat again. I never had any luck. The damn thing just bounced all over the driveway.

FIXED!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

It's not flat but the yoke clears the tub nor, and no vibrations.:cheer::cheer:

Pics later.

Thanks for the suggestions.

First up. The best assistant ever!!

normal_P1010016.JPG

The source of the bad noise.

normal_P1010027.JPG

After much application of BFH with little effect. I applied a generous portions of [SIZE=-1]oxy-acetylene[/SIZE] then re-applied BFG and success

It ain't flat or pretty :redneck: but it works:beer:!
normal_P1010024.JPG

Learn to drive :idea:

silly jeeps and thier skid plates :haha: :haha:
________
SQUIRTING ASIAN

Last edited:
Will a TJ belly pan work, if so I got one

I have a TJ belly pan too, but it's my spare and it's bent.

I dunno though, are the YJ and TJ pans the same????

Mine has a small dent (Izzy) but it dosent hit anything, I cant use it anymore with the longarms

I'm not sure if the tj pan fits mine or not. Thanks for all the offers though:beer::beer::beer:

It might be an ugly fix but it'l work for now:redneck::haha::redneck:. (dreaming of tummy tucker pan.....)