• boobies

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • build from scratch

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Give me some advice on which one looks the best:

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-1-10-Roc...ryZ44029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/AXIAL-Scorpion-...ryZ44029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3. boobies

4. Build from Scratch

I really want to have it full bodied or close, no tube chassis stuff, i dont mind a tube chassis per-say so long as i can put a body over it...

Sorry, I don't know how to do the fancy link thing:looser:
I think it's as easy as saying comp rig or basher? If it's just for personal enjoyment go with the axial kit. If for comp then build from scratch. I've already eliminated quite a bit of my original axial kit with upgrades

I voted AX10--since you are unsure its a good start for a basher--just don't try to follow me around :D :redneck:

Ya, I am still leaning towards the axial kit...:eeek:

btw, thanks for moving this, didnt realize my location when posting:rolleyes: :haha:

One thing to remember...

You can get the rig--build it with good quality electronics. If you find you like the comp stuff--just get a new chassis and re-use everything...

Its not a bad start at all--I am just very partial to the TLT axles but your going to be alot deeper into the rig going that route--and alot more time as well...

i just looked at tlt axles... and maybe it was the rig, but they looked huge! are they any bigger (ie wider) that the axials? Because i really want to go for a stocker look:awesomework:

They are roughly the same size.. Go voer to RCC and look at pics in botht eh axail and tlt sections.

But one big difference is the axials have built in link mounts--TLT's use metal brackets..

interesting...

well it looks as though the poll shows that boobies and the axial are tied... so i need both...

WIN-WIN!!!:awesomework:

That first one is a funky cross-bread between a scaler and a comp rig...scaller frame/chassis yet not really a scaler at all.

The one piece of advice I'd offer is don't cheap out on your electronics, that was my biggest waste of money. I tried to use cheaper electronics only to realize they were crappy and toss them or they burnt up/failed quickly so I had to replace pretty much every electronic component atleast once so far...that gets very expensive.

Personaly I would start from scratch, if you don't want to try that, the AX10 is a good choice.

The link mounts on the AX10 axles suck, I ripped the mounts off mine at a comp, I can post some pics later, I keep a spare housing in my toolbox now just in case...

Like Nick said, don't skimp on electronics. Get yourself a good 3ch radio with adjustable EPA's (Mike can tell you why EPA's are important) right off the bat (JR xr3i is a very good choice). You don't want to skimp on the steering servo either, there is a Hobbico and a Hitec that put out 330oz that are right around $100, either of those will keep you happy on the rocks. As for the ESC, I would go for the Mamba Max, Holmes Hobbies has it for like $115 now and it is far superior to the Novak. The Novak Rooster Crawler is cheaper, but a lot of people have glitching problems with it, plus you are limited to 7-cells/2s lipo for the battery (Mamba is 12-cells/3s lipo if I remember right).

tell me where on ebay i can get them cheaper than $208 and i will have your babies:kiss: :haha:

well I would of, but since you had to be a smart ass you can find out for yourself.

I just checked the link, I see $222.50 on the bid, it's your link I am going by. :;

Last edited:
well I would of, but since you had to be a smart ass you can find out for yourself.

I just checked the link, I see $222.50 on the bid, it's your link I am going by. :;

Oh come on!!! you know i'm only teasing!:kiss: hugs all around:awesomework: there were jsut a few "buy it now" auctions i saw for $208 +14 shipping, and that seemed to be the cheapest i found:booo: so do you really have a better spot to find them?:hi: :corn:

Latest posts