• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help me diagnose the LRZ?

sounds like pluged/dead injector to me then....
i belive its a typical batch fire setup, not seqential, so shuldnt be an ecm issue, grab a test light, you can verify if its getting signal ( ie: test the wireing)

After doing all the sub systems I.E. fuel, spark Doing a comp test is one easyest ways to elimate what I hope it's not but I had my mom's 96 geo tracker with the same-ish motor was on a steep incline the oil was not being picked up in the pan and it started to flatten cam lobes by the end of the day it ran like **** and mom's beat my ass :mad: this was in 1996, all in all It had flaten the two lobes farthest from the pump. so I realy hope its not that but a comp test will elimanate it or just a stuck valve.

And yes I know keep it simple:flipoff: just sharing a simular experiance.:beer:

After doing all the sub systems I.E. fuel, spark Doing a comp test is one easyest ways to elimate what I hope it's not but I had my mom's 96 geo tracker with the same-ish motor was on a steep incline the oil was not being picked up in the pan and it started to flatten cam lobes by the end of the day it ran like **** and mom's beat my ass :mad: this was in 1996, all in all It had flaten the two lobes farthest from the pump. so I realy hope its not that but a comp test will elimanate it or just a stuck valve.

Compression is 155

First thing to go on most zuki motors is the crank, specifically #4...

Got compression.
Switched #3 and #4 wires, still no change, #3 still no worky.

Power to hot lead on injector unplugged.
Power to ground lead injector plugged in.

Now what?:eeek:
Did you crank it with the test lite probed to the ground side???Did it flash???

do you need me to bring your backup transportation to you today? ill be stopping by in a coupple hours..

Jul26_0001.jpg

oh, and you need to stop by, the neighbor wants this gone...
sarge_large.jpg

Probe in ground wire with engine cranking got me a solid light. So start tracing wires, see what's what?

using a couple jumper wires, unplug the #3 inj plug, and tie the test light into the harness, as if it were the injector, then crank...does it flash then???

Latest posts