• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HELP ME MEASURE MY CORNER WEIGHTS

JEEPKEVIN said:
Yup Yup!!

I'm just a rec guy. Order coil overs for past 2 rigs they were always the stock shelf valving. Always way off. I tore town the shocks 7 times on the last rig to get them where I was happy. Springs seem to allow for a little more tolerance, But stiff valving sucks!!

What were your past spring rates and spring lengths? My off the shelf Fox 2.0 emulsion coilovers were super soft @ 50/70 valving.

TacomaJD said:
What were your past spring rates and spring lengths? My off the shelf Fox 2.0 emulsion coilovers were super soft @ 50/70 valving.

I had Sway-A-Way 14" remote resevoirs on both ends.

Front lower spring Eibach 14" 250lb, upper 12" 200lb

Rear lower spring Eibach 14" 200lb, upper 12" 175lb

Ended up pulling 2 of the 3 bleed screws out of the piston in front shocks and reducing the shim stack height by a couple of the smallest shims, then changed the 2 closest to the piston to a slightly thinner variant to get dampening softer. I kept the original 5wt oil and kept the resevoirs charged to 175psi. This was the fronts final place. It just took time after time to get them where I wanted. I'm no shock expert so initial changes were small, a bleed screw at a time, a shim at a time. Then kind all over again to get rebound to where it felt good.

I ride dirt bikes so I was just applying what info I learned over the years.

You will probably have better results this go round if you use a lower spring that is 2" longer than shock travel and upper spring that is equal to shock travel length. You can use lighter springs this way and will probably ride much better. That is the general rule of thumb nowadays on spring lengths.

TacomaJD said:
You will probably have better results this go round if you use a lower spring that is 2" longer than shock travel and upper spring that is equal to shock travel length. You can use lighter springs this way and will probably ride much better. That is the general rule of thumb nowadays on spring lengths.

Sweet! Thanks! I'll give that a try.