• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HELP SAS Kits

lilyota

Im ordering a kit from Trail Gear or allpro or marlin or sky in a couple of days and I was just wonder if one is better than the other or are they the same just different brand names any feed back would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks Rick

lilyota said:
Im ordering a kit from Trail Gear or allpro or marlin or sky in a couple of days and I was just wonder if one is better than the other or are they the same just different brand names any feed back would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks Rick
I was talking to a local vendor that sells trail gear "stuff" and he said that they have gotten tons of springs that are 1/2-1" difference in length and 1-2" difference in lift. Also the brackets/shackles are now stamped out instead of laser cut and there are some major fitment issues. It sounds like their quality is going downhill fast.

IIRC Gibby and Sub both used allpro kits on their swaps, maybe Gibby will chime in, we did Gibby's 5 or 6 years ago, and he hasn't had any problems with it. It was pretty easy to do as long as you get the Jig with it.

I installed a few All Pro kit's back when I worked at olympic, they seemed to go together real nice. I'd go for one of those.

i bought the all pro kit, and its the exact same as trail gear, comes with less, and was about 700 more. id say trail gear

MonsterMazda said:
i bought the all pro kit, and its the exact same as trail gear, comes with less, and was about 700 more. id say trail gear

Well I'm not sure about what came with the kit or what the customer's bought extra, but the two I did came with shackles, spring's, shock hoop's, pitman arm, high steer, drag link, tie rod, remote resirvoir bilstein 5150's, and the neato little deal's to put on the frame for making shackle holes. not too sure though, I'm just the wrench:rolleyes:

the trail gear kit comes with all that plus, knuckle rebuild kit w wheel bearings, brake rotors, wheel spacers, and diff armor and upper axle gusset, i wish i would have found it before.

I would rather pay the more money and get some quality springs that don't sag 2" more on one side and spring hangers that won't fall apart after a few heavy runs. Another company that has a nice swap kit is Big Rocks Offroad. They have their own custom leafpacks made by Oregon Spring. A few of the minor parts are trail gear but most of the stuff is laser cut nice parts.

Custom seems to be the best way to go. You can get it built exactly the way you want and its a lil cheaper too. Just my 2 cents

Well i ordered my kit this morning from trail gear asked him a ton of questions about the product it actually sounds pretty good they said if there is any promblems with the springs or any other compents they wil replace it no questions asked for a year. Talked to him about the spring issue said pretty much what i thought , that it usually the install no bump stops, large winch bumpers, V8, ect.
Im very excited it should be here in three days.:clappy: :clappy:
Thanks for all the replies!

I used the trail gear front hanger & shackle jigs,mounts went together perfect. A plasma cutter is my new best friend.

lilyota said:
Any volunteers? Free beer and food.
When are you doing it? I'll come help. I plan to buy that same kit for my girls Runner in a little while, Id love to see the quality first hand, and get some experience putting one on. Seriously, let me know and I can probably come by and give you a hand at least once. Im up north about 45 mins away, and work every day Mon-Fri but if youre up for it, Ill come by in the evening. Im busy this weekend (stupid Army), but free other than that.

~T.J.