• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

help with my samurai

thanks for the heads up. about that company..

i know i could peice somthing together for cheaper.. and probley better parts.. its the weldeing of the pearches.. i dont want to pay 400 to 500 bucks for somone to weld em on.. i can do all the work.. just not the welding.. ive mostly had jeeps.. and a bronco... never had to weld anything up.. so .. it not somthing ive got into yet.. i would love to be able to afford a welder and do it myself.. i just do got the cash for that.. i dont really want to spend 500 bucks on a bolt on kit.. that now im not hearing good things about.. not sure what to do really. im possibley thinging about taking out the axles.. and bringing them to a shop and have the pearches welded on.. it shouldnt take to long to just do that.. i could just find a z-link.. 20 buck d-line spacer.. use the stock shocks for now.. a few brake lines.. i was really hoping that i could get it done for around 400.. i was just hoping that somone on here could just lend a hand and make sure it turns out right.. and do the welding of corse.. without it costing to much. (NOT saying that some peoples time isnt worth alot of money.. i just cant go 750 into it right now..wish i could.. ) :mad:

ive been looking around a pearches... of corse everyone says they have the best.. if i could i would just make em.. i think we (who ever ends up helpin me out) could come up with somthing possibley a little better..

suggestions.

now im just thinking of going stright to toyota axles.. i dont know if i want to mess around with the stock samurais axles and just have em bend a few months later..:masturbanana[1]: so it looks like ill be savin up a little more and going that route..

plans as of now.

front> toyota axle, trail gear ft hangers. S/R yj springs, drive line adapter
rear> toyota axle, stock rear springs, 1.5 steal welded in blocks. drive line adapter

hopfull i can find some axles with some 5.29's in em already.. if not the 4.10 is better then stock samurai..

with some 33'' boggers..

suggestion welcome
and thanks for the help so far..:redneck:

DEFINITELY want to go toyotas if you plan on running Boggers:)puke:)...Boggers are what actually made my toyota axle swap a necessity...:D PM headin yer way...

so i did a spoa.. it came out great. had a buddy of my dads do it, he did great work. made me a zlink bar as well.. i dont think it will be bending.. well see what it takes.. now just got to find some wheels and tires. i picked up some f150 wheels with some newer a/t's. but they dont fit over the hub.

I got a z link and no wobble (still spring under though). I have some ford rims with the same problem ended up getting different wheels but you could take em to a wheel shop theres one kinda by cycle barn/petsmart in a little strip mall that'll do it, but if you can find different wheels might be cheeper. I was told not to grind em out myself due to balance, could create trouble.

so i did a spoa.. it came out great. had a buddy of my dads do it, he did great work. made me a zlink bar as well.. i dont think it will be bending.. well see what it takes.. now just got to find some wheels and tires. i picked up some f150 wheels with some newer a/t's. but they dont fit over the hub.

What? No pictures?

crappy pic. ill get more sooner or later..
0527091110.jpg

Latest posts