• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help with town for hotel south of Birmingham

JRowe

Heading to Panama City FL from the Nashville area and looking for a place a little over half way to crash (due to bringing a young child and check-in time of the condo)

Looks like a little south of Birmingham is about half way. Any suggestions from you bama folks on a town/city to look at hotels in. Don't need anything fancy. Don't want to be in a "big" city or in :afro: town.

Thanks.

you should make pretty good time till you get off the interstate in montgomery, my suggestion would be the clanton exit or somwhere between there and montgomery

Prattville exit with BassPro shops has a bunch of hotels and places to eat. It's just north of Montgomery and has easy on-off highway access.

yeah, the Prattville exit with the Bass Pro has a couple nice hotels. Thats where we had stayed a few times on the way to the beach.

I recomend going to Bass Pro the night you get there there open till 10pm. I made the mistake on going in the AM, didnt get back on the road till 11. molaugh

Highway 119, Cahaba Valley Road Exit. Has some hotels, gas, tons of places to eat, good area, and you miss most of the damn stupid I-65 south afternoon traffic.

Thanks for the input so far.

Looks like Prattville exit is looking the best so far.

Prattville is probably the best place but whatever you do stay out of Montgomery. That place is :afro:

Roadyy said:
Where are you staying in PC? I may have to come raid your hotel... :fish:

Sterling Reef Condos

85toyo said:
Prattville is probably the best place but whatever you do stay out of Montgomery. That place is :afro:

Yep, driven through there a handful of times. Definitely :afro: :****:

85toyo said:
[/quote yea prattville is good and safeall my wifes family live the millbrook/prattville area :dblthumb:.

give me a shout if y'all decide you want to go out to Shell Island on Sunday. I'll grab m buddy's 19' Proline CC and take y'all out there for the day.It's nice to walk across the Island from the Bay right up to the Gulf. That and Shell Island is always lined with flashemifyougotem & :cougar:.