• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

help with wiring harness

toyowheelr94

well my wiring harness fried and so i pulled one out of a donor vehicle and spliced in the wiring but still not everything is working, so i pretty much need some people that know about wiring to help me, if you wanna come help me, i'll buy beer
100_1858.jpg

wire002.jpg

Ugh...lucky the whole truck didn't go up in flames.

Any idea what caused the melydown in the first place? Any hi-wattage **** like lights or stereos?

my left turn signal shorted out which fried a ground wire, which in turn fried a whole bunch of neighboring wires, and i replaced those, but i am not very good at electrical, too confusing, whats not working is turn signals, gauges, well my temp gauge works but it says its always hot, so its not really working, no windows, no locks, no wipers, but it does run:mad:

A factory harness is all fused they shouldn't burn up like that unless someone put a bigger fuse than called for or there is an unfused wire running straight from the battery for an amp or something. you have to figure out exactly what started the burn in the first place or you will get it all wired up and it will just happen again. Your temp guage wire is grounded out somewhere thats why it pegging the guage so there are still wires touching each other somewhere inside the harness. Its not an easy job to do most mechanics wont even touch a job like this the only way to do it right is to pull the complete chassis harness off of a donor rig which is a good full day at a wrecking yard bring it home and pull all the interior out of your runner and start plugging the new one in as you pull your bad one. the way that your fixing it is kind of just a bandaid.

A factory harness is all fused they shouldn't burn up like that unless someone put a bigger fuse than called for or there is an unfused wire running straight from the battery for an amp or something. you have to figure out exactly what started the burn in the first place or you will get it all wired up and it will just happen again. Your temp guage wire is grounded out somewhere thats why it pegging the guage so there are still wires touching each other somewhere inside the harness. Its not an easy job to do most mechanics wont even touch a job like this the only way to do it right is to pull the complete chassis harness off of a donor rig which is a good full day at a wrecking yard bring it home and pull all the interior out of your runner and start plugging the new one in as you pull your bad one. the way that your fixing it is kind of just a bandaid.

Actually just because its fused you can still get wire damage like that. The amperage can ride right at the peek amps to blow the fuse and still burn up wires. You typicly get that from corroded connections and they work there way from there. Plus toyota doesn't have the best fused/protected circuits either.

Latest posts