• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Henry county TN speed trap picture

sexxy

Went thru Henry county tn on August 21, headed to see the eclipse. Apparently I received 2 driving awards for my efforts. I noticed the issue date was on August 31, so am wondering if I need to pay this since it is a camera, and the ticket came in the mail.

Re:

IMO it's a scam on the ran by the companies that supply and service the equipment and the municipalities crooked enough to put them in place.

Id treat it like getting a bill for something I didn't buy or agree to. Throw it in the trash and not think twice about.

Re:

TBItoy said:
IMO it's a scam on the ran by the companies that supply and service the equipment and the municipalities crooked enough to put them in place.

Id treat it like getting a bill for something I didn't buy or agree to. Throw it in the trash and not think twice about.

I do like nick said and throw that crap in the trash and forget about it

Re:

A friend did that on a photo ticket, a couple years later he found out his license was suspended, never got anything in the mail from State of Ga about the suspension either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You better pay it now or pay a lot later, it's all a crock of monkey nuts but it's totally legal, some states are out lawing em so check to see if the area/county has banned em, in Toledo Ohio they have hand held cameras and cop sits on a overpass and it snaps pics and you get a ticket in the mail, no signs or warnings of cameras anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spit in the envelope or on the check before you send it.

Thats what I usually do on something I have to pay and don't agree with. Gives me a slight satisfaction of a big :flipgotcha:

I've actually paid a couple with various amounts of coins, including about $30 worth of pennies. I know the ladies at the courthouse didn't write the ticket, but does give you some satisfaction.

I am tired of hearing a bunch of crybaby bullshit whining. Everyone knows speeding is illegal. If you get caught, take your ticket like a man and shut it

muddinmetal said:
I am tired of hearing a bunch of crybaby bullshit whining. Everyone knows speeding is illegal. If you get caught, take your ticket like a man and shut it
You beat me too it.

muddinmetal said:

Except for when they (either the companies that set them up, either knowingly or unknowingly to the city) have the speed triggers set 2 mph below the posted limit, or have the redlight triggers set for yellow lights.

Just google "speed camera companies". It's a private company handles the setup, calibration, implementation, and citation processing. And yes, they take a "service/processing fee" for every citiation issued...

It's not like a toll camera, where you have to pay to pass, then can get busted for non-payment.

TBItoy said:
Except for when they (either the companies that set them up, either knowingly or unknowingly to the city) have the speed triggers set 2 mph below the posted limit, or have the redlight triggers set for yellow lights.

Just google "speed camera companies". It's a private company handles the setup, calibration, implementation, and citation processing. And yes, they take a "service/processing fee" for every citiation issued...

It's not like a toll camera, where you have to pay to pass, then can get busted for non-payment.

That is interesting

Re: Re: Henry county TN speed trap picture

muddinmetal said:
So at what point do you think we need to stop letting cameras be cops? Or do we just let them keep growing such programs until we're always under surveillance? Because that's exactly what will continue to happen if we let it. You might be cool with that idea now until they start enforcing stupid ass laws that you have no idea you're breaking. Big government is a slippery slope and it's not what our country was founded on.

This is meant to be a serious question, I'm not trying to be a **** to you just collecting people's ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Henry county TN speed trap picture

onepieceatatime said:
So at what point do you think we need to stop letting cameras be cops? Or do we just let them keep growing such programs until we're always under surveillance? Because that's exactly what will continue to happen if we let it. You might be cool with that idea now until they start enforcing stupid ass laws that you have no idea you're breaking. Big government is a slippery slope and it's not what our country was founded on.

This is meant to be a serious question, I'm not trying to be a **** to you just collecting people's ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I despise big government. Personally I wish it was 99% state ran myself, but, if limited just to speeding, I can see when having more cops off the sides of highways and more in drug houses and abuse rings. Also, speeding isn't some new crime we are all just getting used to. I has been around our whole lives

I got one in Brantley, AL and it's actually ran by the municipality of Brantley and was signed by an officer. So I paid it... Even though the speed limit goes from 55 to 35 back to 55 all in about a mile. Was doing 42 in a 35. Worst speed trap town in AL.

In some cities, they do not have recourse, if you do not pay, but, they can send it to collections and hit your credit report. (if that bothers you)