• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Here's a Obstacle for Reiter!!!

Sounds like a great idea. Going to be hard to convince the dnr to buy off on it....they are scared of obstacles made of man made materials.

Sounds like a great idea. Going to be hard to convince the dnr to buy off on it....they are scared of obstacles made of man made materials.

Everything that they are doing it " man made " So that isn't the catch, the catch is the unknown of how it is going to look and hold up.

I think it is more of a cost of materials and to deliver the rock... if someone donated the rock, a large amount as well as big enough sized rock to sustain a climb like that I could see DNR building it... But the cost to build it will be so high I don't see it happening.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I think it is more of a cost of materials and to deliver the rock... if someone donated the rock, a large amount as well as big enough sized rock to sustain a climb like that I could see DNR building it... But the cost to build it will be so high I don't see it happening.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I see it...............

Never say no

Hence starting with ecology blocks, which are cheap, but expensive to haul. But with enough volunteers they could be moved (I could haul two, maybe 3 depending on size on my trailer, most would handle atleast one).

Build the obstacle close enough to a road to get a gunnit (sp?) set-up close enough to be practical, or its bags, electric mixer, generator and a whole lot a labor.

Doable, cheap if the volunteers are there and the end result could be cool, and durable.

Even then, if it last 5 years it was worth it. After 5 years of use the trails are going to be pretty trashed anyway. I don't know what "low maintenance" life span they are trying to engineer into these. But what wheelers don't dig up from just plain use, mother nature is going to have a field day with.

My .02

50 years...
No offence to Charlie and the others that are busting their ass on this but....

Pipe dream.

I don't think old reiter was even AROUND as hot-spot for 50 years. Heck the real "sport" of wheeling and off-roading is barely 50 years old, and look at the difference between today and even just 15 years ago.

Build for 10, be happy to get 5 out of it and be impressed if they can even keep the zoning for 8.

No offence to Charlie and the others that are busting their ass on this but....

Pipe dream.

I don't think old reiter was even AROUND as hot-spot for 50 years. Heck the real "sport" of wheeling and off-roading is barely 50 years old, and look at the difference between today and even just 15 years ago.

Build for 10, be happy to get 5 out of it and be impressed if they can even keep the zoning for 8.

I agree I was just telling you what the engineering says... But between the engineering and the operations guide (yet to be created) which should detail out how and when maintenance needs to be performed or maybe just a bunch of "if" "then" maybe it will last 15 to 20 years.

Ya know how many people actually drove their rigs through the Outlet Mall?....very few.......only a handfull at best. Sure..their was ALOT of foot traffic and looky loos :)swing:) but the actual amount of people abusing their rigs was small. My point is.....build a stout,artificial trail and the usage will be very low requiring little to NO maintenance. Lots of people at the Gatekeeper running their mouth but thats about it. I know this concept is impossible to sell to the dnr...but it's the truth.

Charlie and Scott really need to be given a BIG THANKS for all their time spent dealing with the .gov "people":beer:

Ya know how many people actually drove their rigs through the Outlet Mall?....very few.......only a handfull at best. Sure..their was ALOT of foot traffic and looky loos :)swing:) but the actual amount of people abusing their rigs was small. My point is.....build a stout,artificial trail and the usage will be very low requiring little to NO maintenance. Lots of people at the Gatekeeper running their mouth but thats about it. I know this concept is impossible to sell to the dnr...but it's the truth.

Charlie and Scott really need to be given a BIG THANKS for all their time spent dealing with the .gov "people":beer:

Very well said Jeff!!!!And thanks guys for all your hard work!!!!Hope to be helping build some more trails this spring!!!!:awesomework::beer: