• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HID's in offroad lights?

well iseen that pat at those guys sells them for $115 each, but is out right now, sooo i had shucks and vato zone price match them , each store had only one light and are a block apart. both stores price matched pat at $115 each plus tax, so they came to $125 each. the only better deal i seen was on ebay and it was only $6 dollars cheaper per light.
these are hid x, 4 inch size.
i have done a lot of reaserch and these are the best bang for your buck.

Pat completely kicks ass. Now i know why soo many people go thru him.

With that said, if you need some hid x's and cant find em anywhere this is the best online deal ive found. They tag ya a bit for shipping but its about the deal that pat offers.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/bargain-bin-misc-automotive-c-40_226.html

I converted some HELLA 500FF's to HID's with a DDMtuning kit. They was bright :redneck: (and I was $100 into the PAIR)

340396a3.jpg

Pat does rock!
And the only thing I see with converting a light is the housing has to be to my standards also, and the mounting too, I wouldnt turn my k.c. Daylighters on the fall guys truck into hids, the mounts suck.

I agree to a point, you do want to start with a good housing or it just flat isn't worth it. I already had the HELLA's and was fairly happy with them, and at $35 to upgrade to HID's it wasn't bad at all. I haven't really done any comparisons of housings, but I'm running 3 of those tractor lights now with some "upgrades" :redneck:

I got the kits, and put them inthe KC knock offs (they had 100w bulbs). They went right in, and are definitely brighter. The only downside is the fact that they are more of a "spot light" now.
I think that is becuase the bulb is longer so it reflects off the reflector differently.

Now I just need a third light pointed straight forward, (1 forward, and 2 aimed out), and I'd be happy.

I only have 1 picture, but I can get it up when I get to a computer.

well the k.c. lights are a spot because of the reflector, thats what i said about the right housing, but i am possitive they are better.
mine work killer! well worth the money.

Last edited:
for any one that got some of the ddm hid's - are you experiancing any rf interferance on am/fm/cb etc?

some balists seem to be well shielded, some not so much..

was pondering getting a bar like yours for my buggy, less prone to getting broken.
Another company Rigid Industries has nice LED lights also. Most had better spec's that Vision X lights but the VX light was the right size for where I wanted to mount it. Very happy with it.

for any one that got some of the ddm hid's - are you experiancing any rf interferance on am/fm/cb etc?

some balists seem to be well shielded, some not so much..

The FM radio doesn't have any interference, but I haven't tried AM, and my CB isn't hooked up...

I got the 7 inch HIDS from schucks and got them all hooked up. They are bright ass hell!!! I dont even like to use my headlights now there is no comperision....