• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HID's in offroad lights?

Dogboy

I've been looking at eBay, and the 35w HID kits are on there for around 40 bucks, and the 50w kits are $55-65. Obviously they aren't top of the line, quite the opposite, I know this.
I got to thinking about putting them in my KC knockoff housings.
I've read (in multiple places) that even the 35w HIDs in a KC/ similar housings are as bright or brighter than the 100w or even 130w KC Daylighters. I haven't heard any negative things about them.

Has anybody done anything similar with KCs, fogs or driving lights etc. (I'll only be using them offroad)?

not sure about how they will do in those housings but I run 55w HID's in all my rides and they make a hugh difference. I would stay away from the ebay ones, I run DDMTuning.com HID's which have a lifetime warrenty and I recommend them to everyone. I will be running HID's in the wheeler once I get some H4 housings.

I know Binder runs some lights that are bright as ****. Bright enough where you can't look directly or even indirectly at them. Maybe he will chime in.

I know Binder runs some lights that are bright as ****. Bright enough where you can't look directly or even indirectly at them. Maybe he will chime in.

They're just the cheapos from Schmucks- O reileys. Once in a while you can find them on sale for $99 but I don't remember if that's each or two...Mine are 4" and they come in 6" or 7" also.

My best friend runs the 4 in ones from shucks and they work awsome, hell bright, I believe pat at thise guys sells the 4 inch for 100 bucks each, they are worth it and I will be getting a set for my buggy soon also.

They're just the cheapos from Schmucks- O reileys. Once in a while you can find them on sale for $99 but I don't remember if that's each or two...Mine are 4" and they come in 6" or 7" also.

They are a repackaged Vision-X light. I got 7's, They are pretty fawking bright.

OOPS, They are a HID-X, Not Vision X.

Last edited:
I've got the HID-X in the 4" flavor and I love them. Very bright for a $100 light. John (avanteone) has been running them for like 2 year now and they still work awesome... Here's a pic of them on...
hidlights.jpg

Don't tell your lady friend.:haha::D

Hmmmm he said 4" across......
Sound like your trying to brag to down the black man some:rolleyes:

:haha:

Last edited:
I've seen those Shmucks HID lights, and They look cool, But Im not going to spend $200+ for 2... (yes I'm cheap)

JZMudbogger, did you put the HID Kits in offroad lights housings, or did you put them in headlights?

I'm gonna look at that BMW site you linked to, and I might end up getting those.
My next question would be 35w, or 55w for $10 more? I'm thinking 55w since they are not on the street, so its not like I'm going to be blinding people.

And lastly, I know the light output gets lower and more blue the further from 4300k you get. I dont want blue lights, so I'm thinking possibly 4500K bulbs, but probably 5000K bulbs.

I was talking about the whole light unit. These are the ones that Binder has I believe.

I checked out the ones you were talking about and those are sweet deal if I had to get a whole kit.

JZMudbogger, did you put the HID Kits in offroad lights housings, or did you put them in headlights?

I'm gonna look at that BMW site you linked to, and I might end up getting those.
My next question would be 35w, or 55w for $10 more? I'm thinking 55w since they are not on the street, so its not like I'm going to be blinding people.

And lastly, I know the light output gets lower and more blue the further from 4300k you get. I dont want blue lights, so I'm thinking possibly 4500K bulbs, but probably 5000K bulbs.

I put them in both daily drivers headlights in both 35w and 55w and I prefer the 55w ones. I have also put them in the cheap $20 round auxilary housings that you can get at any parts store. The 55w ones are $10 bucks more and I like to run the 8k's they are not as blue as you would think.

Last edited:
well, I ordered 2 sets of 35w 5000K kits (my cousin wants a set too).

I'll post some pictures when I swap the bulbs.

I asked last night at shmucks and they said they wont be going on sale.

Shitty i saw them on sale awhile back probably when it was still shmucks and not O'Retards. I found a couple place online that sell the pairs with wiring and relay for $250. Just search HID offroad light. They have other sizes other than 4 and 7 inch.

I asked last night at shmucks and they said they wont be going on sale.

Hmm, this assumes that the guy at the parts counter (even if it was the manager) knows what the corparate guys are going to do in the future. the managers usually only know at most 2 months out what is going to be on sale

well iseen that pat at those guys sells them for $115 each, but is out right now, sooo i had shucks and vato zone price match them , each store had only one light and are a block apart. both stores price matched pat at $115 each plus tax, so they came to $125 each. the only better deal i seen was on ebay and it was only $6 dollars cheaper per light.
these are hid x, 4 inch size.
i have done a lot of reaserch and these are the best bang for your buck.