• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hill climb power?

briejer

How much horse power would it take for my buggy (with all kinds of power loss in the ring&pinion and portals )to fly up a hill Icelandic style?

How much horse power would it take for my buggy (with all kinds of power loss in the ring&pinion and portals )to fly up a hill Icelandic style?

Up one of those hill's?? **** dude your talking atleast 1500hp and NOS with your gear ratio's. Probably more. What kind of HP are those rigs running?

But that **** does look fun dont it??:awesomework:

just good driving. light flywheel. its like building a banshee hillshooter, but bigger. alot of those rigs are no more than a race jeep on scoops. oh yeah, and a little bit of good driving.:beer:

It's just a math function as far as drivetrain loss is concerned. Figure what HP you need at the wheels and add parasitic losses to get engine HP. How much HP you need at the wheels is relative to how fast you want/ need to go up the hill. NOS has nothing to do with it, HP is HP.
Who's going to drive it for you? If you're too broken up to drive on a trail you sure as hell aint racing up hills.

That dude that used to come over for the CalRocs events years past I think said most of those Icelandic rigs are stock big blocks running lots of NOS. They're cheap and easy to get parts for.

the top class guys are running big cu inch big blocks with 1000+hp and the lower classes of course are running less. Its easy to build that type of HP, all it cost is money $$$$ :fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

Think blower.. Not that cute little blower like troy runs, you'd need 6-71 at about 10% over drive to get that tank up to speed.... :D

I say about 650 hp. With a 300 shot of nos in case ya need it. You have forged pistons robin?

Think blower.. Not that cute little blower like troy runs, you'd need 6-71 at about 10% over drive to get that tank up to speed.... :D
:;
for sure I slowed mine down just to be controlable around 125 to 150 hp boost..

most those guys are runnin between 1000 to 1500hp overall

Last edited:

Latest posts