• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hmmm...

boxboy

can I be your friend...
A couple 4x4's showed up for the work party which was for the motorcycle area today but we went ahead with working on putting in the sign posts and a couple other things... One of the rigs was open/open I thought it was interesting...

<object height="344" width="425">
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUJTTxH80kw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object></object><object height="344" width="425">

</object>

Last edited:
I was afraid we build this line to difficult as this side was intended to be easier as to provide a link from lower to upper parts... other then one part I think it's current condition the trail is about the correct difficultly.

If you (you meaning anyone reading this thread) have been up there lately DNR had the forest between the paved road and the rock garden logged off... From the 5000 feet plan, the logged area will be the main parking lot and camping. The ORV park 4x4/motorcycle/quads/etc will all start at this location with trunk trails leading to the different areas. The main issue to slow this down will be the construction cost of bridges, to get the trails out of the creeks (argue all you want about driving in creeks but it isn't going to happen). I suspect there will be an "engineered trail" through the old rock garden but what the design entails and how it is constructed will be open for public comment, when the project gets to that point, just like all the other trails built so far. If I am still involved, when the project gets to that point, I will keep the lines as original as possible although I am sure there are some tree protection needs and we could keep the main line as well just harden the surface with pit run and call it good. I suspect the project is still a couple years away from building the main parking lot although support for the grants could help the project along.

Last edited: