• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Home Depot 4link mount...

PHILLBILLY1

I have been trying to come up with a good link mount over my axel, and so far, this is what I have come up with. Hopefully this is not already someones idea, as I did not search around.
Don't laugh too much, but it is made from a plastic Home Depot Speed square..... It's dimensions fit the bill, so I used it.......
If this setup works for me, I will be chopping up an aluminum speed square for the finished product. I will also be trying to incorperate a battery tray or weight tray of some sort.
In the pictures, it is not fastened down. That is already taken care of, so disregard the fact that it isn't....

Last edited:
You can get the alum. piece in T metal so you dont have to buy and chop up a square for that little piece Or hit the pawn shops theres always a bunch of t squares in the hand tool bins

You can get the alum. piece in T metal so you dont have to buy and chop up a square for that little piece Or hit the pawn shops theres always a bunch of t squares in the hand tool bins

I have three of them laying around the garage. :awesomework: Maybe when people start showing interest in it, I may look into gettin some T-Bar stock.

is that tied into the front 3rd screw also? if it is just on the back two screws in the housing the torque might rip it off eventually. with the links extending so far forward, that will create alot of force. tying it into the front screw also will fix that. I like the creativity with the material:awesomework: very cool.

That link setup is going to climb like poop. Your too far forward. You really want the mounting area as close to the roll center of the axle as you can get.

That link setup is going to climb like poop. Your too far forward. You really want the mounting area as close to the roll center of the axle as you can get.

Thanks! You think the rear is bad......I really F'd up the front geometry......The links are even further away from the roll center.:mad: I am doing a big makeover today.:redneck:

is that tied into the front 3rd screw also? if it is just on the back two screws in the housing the torque might rip it off eventually. with the links extending so far forward, that will create alot of force. tying it into the front screw also will fix that. I like the creativity with the material:awesomework: very cool.

It's not tied into the front screw. When I redo my mount and links, I will grab that front hole too.:awesomework: Thanks!!:awesomework: I am having a hard time finding T-bar aluminum. No hardware stores around here have that....

Again too much.... keep it simple.... no need for that much seperation just mount the uppers to the stock plate....done!

Latest posts