• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Honda Passport or Isuzu Rodeo

xjoffroad

My neighbor is selling his wifes (passed away) Honda Passport, same as the Isuzu Rodeo for super cheap. Here is what it has

2000 Honda Passport - 4WD

Automatic Transmission
154k Miles 6cyl its like a 3.3litter.....
CD Stereo with AM/FM
Power Locks, Windows & Mirrors
Foglights
Air Conditioning
Heated Leather Seats
Roof Rack
Tinted Windows
Alloy Wheels

Anyone here have one? Not finding much on these things. Trying to find some real life experience with these. Gas Mileage? What to look out for? How is the tranny? Anyone? :awesomework:

Tranny is pretty bulletproof, the engine is actually a 3.2L; while not a bad motor, they do have their issues...EGR system gets clogged (not a difficult fix, but it is common); I also seen head gaskets leak externally (oil and coolant)--pretty rare, but does happen...Not sure of mileage, but if I had to guess, I'd say somewhere around 18 average. Sorry to hear about the neighbor's wife! Good luck, hope this helps!!!

From what I have been told the Passport has the record (for handa) repairs.
Hands down, no other honda is close. :D

From what I have been told the Passport has the record (for handa) repairs.
Hands down, no other honda is close. :D

Well yeah, it's really NOT a Honda, but an Isuzu...makes perfect sense when you look at it that way!:awesomework:

Should be. But it's a weird metric D44 and not all parts are interchangeable IIRC.

I think it is a d44 but this ^ info is right. Dont need the rear axle for a swap. My neighbor is selling it for pennies on the dollar and would be nice to have a second car. thanks for the info guys

I've got a 94 that someone on here was giving away.. Apparently they thought the head gasket blew.. Nope, there is a little 1/4" water host that goes between the heads and T's into the lower radiator hose. 10 minutes later she's a go kart from hell.

The trans is the same A340 series Aisin as used by yota, volvo, Jeep etc. Dead nuts beatable, I've over heated mine till it puked and it's still getting flogged.

The rear end is a 44 with a high speed carrier and low speed thick gears. That's the only real oddity with the axle, they are plenty strong with rear disc's in the later years. :D

Thanks guys for the info. Gonna give him the $900 bucks he was asking for it. Yep $900. Wife drove it for the past 2 days and she says its really comfortable ride.