• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hot PSC steering pump

twiztedzuki said:
thanx man, i mite get case pbr and try modify mine tonite

If you haven't started on it yet, then I will tell you to take your time drilling it. With using the centering bits it caused some rise around the holes and wouldn't let the sleeve slide back over easily like it did when taking it apart. I had to spend some time with a fine file and emory cloth to correct it without digging to deep. I was not able to get it installed last night due to picking up a 31' tag a long camper to store at my place for a friend.... It was late by the time we got it through all the low hanging oak limbs and into the back yard.

Hoping to get it done this afternoon when I get home from work and will post the results...

Would it be in the interest of others searching for this process to change the thread title or will adding search words at the bottom be just as good? I'm not learned on all that stuff and know I've seen it before in other places...

Roadyy said:
Would it be in the interest of others searching for this process to change the thread title or will adding search words at the bottom be just as good? I'm not learned on all that stuff and know I've seen it before in other places...

I would wait the change the title, or the people following it could be lost. Give it a week off the first page, then change it. Search words would not help, as they are already typed within the thread anyways.

Ok, I finally got the unit bolted back up and the system bled yesterday evening...It is stiffer steering than it was before but I let it sit and run for a couple 5 minutes with my hand resting on the steering pump, it didn't even get warm let alone hot.
I'm not sure if it is stiffer do to the fact that I had to take the emory cloth to it to be able to slide the sleeve over the spool or if this is the way it should be, but I could turn it with one finger before this and now I have to grip the wheel.

Hope this helps some one.

This was good tech. Sounds like you have low fluid pressure, if you are having to work to turn the steering now. I would have expected that you would be able to turn the steering easily. I am not an expert by any means though.

Could you drill the spool while its still in the sleeve? Or would that be a pain to
clean up?

Sorry I haven't been around in a long time to keep up with this thread. I have moved a couple of times and been extremely busy with my horses so the jeep has not been touched much at all.

I will update that due to the rise around the holes from the centering bits it ruined the sleeve for bleeding properly. I would suggest not using them to drill with and stick to the hardened bits at a slow pace. You will go through several of them, but the rewards are worth it. I'm not sure if I'm going to get back on the jeep to finish it or part it out, but have driven it around the yard(s) to mow around it. lol I updated this because I have had a few people contact me about the pocess by text and email so figured it fair to come in and update.

Hope this thread still helps those who decide to do the modification to their closed valve.