• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How close is too close? (Hunting)

TrikeKid

Went for a cruise around the neighborhood today to warm my car up since I haven't been away in a few days, and happened upon a deer blind in a clearing up the road. This blind was all of 50 yards off the road if it was that far, within 500 ft of multiple houses. Not to mention the fact that the only deer that frequent that spot are a little spike and doe.

I'm wondering if anyone knows off hand how close you can be to residences and public roads while hunting? I hope to hell it's at least archery based on when it was set up and that you can't be in that spot and aim a rifle without being aimed at or close to a house within range.

I'm not gonna **** with it being that it's not my property but I have no problem tipping the game warden off to people hunting illegally.

Went for a cruise around the neighborhood today to warm my car up since I haven't been away in a few days, and happened upon a deer blind in a clearing up the road. This blind was all of 50 yards off the road if it was that far, within 500 ft of multiple houses. Not to mention the fact that the only deer that frequent that spot are a little spike and doe.

I'm wondering if anyone knows off hand how close you can be to residences and public roads while hunting? I hope to hell it's at least archery based on when it was set up and that you can't be in that spot and aim a rifle without being aimed at or close to a house within range.

I'm not gonna **** with it being that it's not my property but I have no problem tipping the game warden off to people hunting illegally.

Call the game warden and ask them.

theres a blind its bow season today for deer, no one got shot. leave it be let the guy have his hole

i think 100yds from a road you can shoot, but you didnt see him shooting, you saw a blind...

As long as you are not shooting from in/on the road, or shooting across a road, it's legal. There is no distance for roads.

As far as houses are concerned, it depends on local codes (city/county/neighborhood).

Bow season opened yesterday....and 64's right, there's no distance law from a road---as long as you are not on the road bed, you are good; AS long as you are not in city limits...Also need to check with local community regs....