• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do you get your Christmas tree?

TheViking

Targeted
Alright for then last two years my wife, our children, and I have been going to local tree farms and selecting our tree. I like this more than the fake Christmas trees because when I was a kid in the 80's we had real trees, also it makes great moments and fun side adventures.
fde5267b577a9f2d633a8844a9596d67.jpg
f54c1f93f62c553d22f42279b4a33953.jpg
30ca32cd87462e508768543bd3bf9f6b.jpg
ce0f8dad2c77e30f8d6949e15515315f.jpg

I grew up buying them out of parking lots or going into the woods and cutting them down with my father, the latter sometimes rather questionable on legality. To me it's not Christmas without a real tree hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Out of a large Rubbermaid container... Which I upgraded to from the ratty torn and taped together cardboard box that the tree originally came in... :wtflol:

Re: Re: Re: How do you get your Christmas tree?

TBItoy said:
Out of a large Rubbermaid container... Which I upgraded to from the ratty torn and taped together cardboard box that the tree originally came in... :wtflol:
This!! And mine is pre-lit just plug her in and go straight to the merryment!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Go to garage. Grab tree from corner. Set on end table by couch. Plug into timer. Replace in garage corner on 12/26. Repeat in 350 days...

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

Used to have a fakie that we used but the wife always complained about not having a real tree. We've done real the past two years. Biggest PITA ever. I make her clean up after it when we are done with it.

They are fun to burn once you're done with them though. They are like friggen napalm!

patooyee said:
Used to have a fakie that we used but the wife always complained about not having a real tree. We've done real the past two years. Biggest PITA ever. I make her clean up after it when we are done with it.

They are fun to burn once you're done with them though. They are like friggen napalm!

We used to be that way, the whole Christmas smell thing. Now we go by a Christmas tree selling place and get a few branches they cut off or a wreath for the smell.

I went for about 4 years without putting one up when I was single and too busy to mess with it. After getting ours out of the house last year, needles everywhere, walls scratched up, I'm not really looking forward to putting up another one. :(

Maybe when we have kids I'll appreciate it more.

Re:

The single most dangerous thing you can bring into your house besides Jeffrey Dahmer's offspring for Christmas Dinner, is a dried out Christmas tree. Two weeks tops is all I recommend. Fake tree with built in lights is way safer. I also have kids not capable of getting out of a burning house on their own.

Eric Hagan......I mean Kel Lawrence

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
The single most dangerous thing you can bring into your house besides Jeffrey Dahmer's offspring for Christmas Dinner, is a dried out Christmas tree. Two weeks tops is all I recommend. Fake tree with built in lights is way safer. I also have kids not capable of getting out of a burning house on their own.

Eric Hagan......I mean Kel Lawrence

Christmas Tree Burn Video

My family is more of a National Lampoons epic adventure kinda thing.
Yeah right it's n the 10 yr old box in a upstairs closet !!!

JohnG said:
We used to be that way, the whole Christmas smell thing. Now we go by a Christmas tree selling place and get a few branches they cut off or a wreath for the smell.

JohnG just seen some stuff at Wal-Mart you put in your tree for a fresh cut smell. They were little pieces about the size of pencil.

I'm still fighting the stupid, taped up, torn, and retaped cardboard box down from my attic.

The Luke. Lebanon, TN

Up until two years ago we had a fake tree, I dreaded bringing it down from the garage storage starting in August. Now we go out to eat, head to Lowes, pick one out and take it home, pull up to the rear double doors put it in the stand and decorate. Then when it is time to take it down, drag it out to the fire pit and set it on fire. Mo Better

crawlin85cj said:
Go to garage. Grab tree from corner. Set on end table by couch. Plug into timer. Replace in garage corner on 12/26. Repeat in 350 days...

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Damn I remember when I was single!

TBItoy said:
THIS