• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how far should i move motor back

dodgecrawler2011

Plan to do some work to the truck in my profile pic this winter. Frame is in desperate need of repair. Figured while i was there id move my motor back a few inches. Not sure how much or if its even worth the time. Any tips?

wont work said:

Shiiiiit. Moving back 5 inches is so 2010. That only works with a trailer hitch one link and quarter ellipticals.

All the cool kids move their **** forward 7 inches and up 14 these days for maximum positraction to bounce ratio! Plus visibility is for bitches! Woo pow!

Really tho. I'd say moving your engine probably wouldn't be worth it performance to pain in the ass ratio. What do you actually hope to gain from it?

CheapJ7 said:
Shiiiiit. Moving back 5 inches is so 2010. That only works with a trailer hitch one link and quarter ellipticals.

All the cool kids move their **** forward 7 inches and up 14 these days for maximum positraction to bounce ratio! Plus visibility is for bitches! Woo pow!
molaugh thumb.gif

dodgecrawler2011 said:
Maybe a little more balance front to rear. I would say its prolly 70/30 weight ratio now.

And thats the reason the bed needs to stay on or build something like a tube bed. It would be easier and more beneficial for you to build some type of tube bed for cooler and parts hauling than moving motor back